• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GPA Issues
8 8

413 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Logan510 said:

Well, does anyone really love how the boards are now compared to what they were before?

I can't speak for anyone but me but I don't, but if the alternative is leaving I'd rather put up with what we have now.

Kind of my mentality for the new GPA site.

I don't find the analogy of the board change a particularly insightful one. What I expect from a message board is not what I expect from a service like GPA. All the main forum functionality is still present. Myself, I haven't really lost anything of note here. It sounds like GPA users have lost the functionality to quickly find the information they need. For people bidding on auctions or working a deal at a show, that's a real loss.

Edited by DavidTheDavid

6 minutes ago, DavidTheDavid said:

I don't find the analogy of the board change a particularly insightful one. What I expect from a message board is not what I expect from a service like GPA. All the main forum functionality is still present. Myself, I haven't really lost anything of note here. It sounds like GPA users have lost the functionality to quickly find the information they need. For people bidding on auctions or working a deal at a show, that's a real loss.

It wasn't my analogy, but there are enough long time members who don't post anymore that coincided with the software change of the boards so I think it bothered them? (shrug)

5 minutes ago, Logan510 said:

It wasn't my analogy, but there are enough long time members who don't post anymore that coincided with the software change of the boards so I think it bothered them? (shrug)

Name one that matters.

just got an email from gpa saying they saw I couldn't log in and wanted to make sure I have been able to clear it up (haven't tried yet honestly). So they are trying to address issues. Probably smart as I can see this thing costing them subscribers

7 hours ago, HookemNC said:

My biggest gripe is the severe lack of speed in loading pages.

I'm using a PC that had the pages of the older version of GP load in fractions of seconds. I don't use "remember me" on any log ins for sites I use, so I can't tell if that would improve having to sign in again every few minutes. But aside from the constant signing in, what used to work quickly for me on this computer now works about as fast as either an old dialup or an ethernet connection with almost total packet loss.

Sadly, if I were sniping and needed info quickly (with seconds or even as much as a minute notice), it's now useless for quick access, the pages loading slower than any other site on the entire net that I visit. The processing wheel always seems to be in motion on each page load for an inordinately protracted amount of time.

Edited by James J Johnson

15 hours ago, bababooey said:

giphy.gif

Yeah, lost service for a week, finally cleared cache, reset password on home computer (for the 50th time) and got it to work briefly only to have it fail at work and on phone, even after doing the same and resetting password again did nothing helped. This SUCKS! :pullhair:  I have heard from many that they are now done with GPA, I think I have joined them.  This has to be one of the worst epic fails I have ever seen of a good company do to destroy so much goodwill they had built up by changing their main product into something that does not work well and even when it does work is greatly hated by the vast majority of their customers.  They need to hire a business consultant next time and kill the stupid idea BEFORE they ruin their company and chase their good customers away next time!  :censored:

They should write this epic fail up for all college business students so they can learn from these horrible mistakes so they will never repeat them in their business when they get to that point!   :makepoint:

Actually switching between issues of a title is easier now.  You use the pop up issue number box.  Going from say #12 to 67 is now far less scrolling!  Of course assuming you don’t have to spend minutes scrolling within the popular!  Entering the issue number would be good.if it’s not already a feature

also, as I said before, you should be able to see an entire issue ALL GRADES  with only one scroll down like before.  Except for keys issues which of course could have 30-50’ sections...

1 hour ago, VintageComics said:

I would also prefer being able to access more than one issue at a time like the old site. In fact, I`d say that it`s invaluable and a must to return to that format. Going back and forth is a real pain when pricing runs. This is a huge priority for me.

10 minutes ago, Aman619 said:

Actually switching between issues of a title is easier now.  You use the pop up issue number box.  Going from say #12 to 67 is now far less scrolling!  Of course assuming you don’t have to spend minutes scrolling within the popular!  Entering the issue number would be good.if it’s not already a feature

also, as I said before, you should be able to see an entire issue ALL GRADES  with only one scroll down like before.  Except for keys issues which of course could have 30-50’ sections...

OK, I did not notice that option. It`s going to take a little playing with it to see how I feel about it but the first thing that comes to mind (and I do it often) is I have to GO BACK to an issue number and reopen it if I want to compare or double check something, rather than just scroll through (up and down) to the issues I already had open previously.

I still think the older format is still preferable for this particular feature.

The new GPA design is horrifically awful.

Unbelievably slow...but even if it was faster, it wouldn't matter (as it is nearly useless now).

I have no desire to "get used" to an obviously inferior design. Take all the time you want to "get good" at the new site, and you'll still be way slower at finding BASIC data than any average user on the old site. (Like, looking at, say, the past 15 sales of a book, or comparing 2019 prices to 2018 and 2017. Or, seeing if there was an outlier in price). 

Inferior goods keep getting forced on us, and when we don't like it...we are just told it is because we simply "can't handle change."

Give us an option to go back to the classic site. 

20 minutes ago, pmWolf said:

Seriously, look at this glorious screenshot. 

I can instantly see everything I need, INCLUDING the date of the last sale.

I can quickly compare a bunch of grades at once, see if things are trending up or down, and make quick, informed decisions without making hundreds of extra clicks. 

Oh, and the graph wasn't obnoxious, either. 

Screenshot_20191207-020026_Gallery.jpg

This in a nutshell nails it.

You get literally everything you need in one click. And it stays there until you choose to remove it.

I have a pretty good 'feel' or gut instinct for what will and won't work, and just like i felt that the new CGC site was going to never be as intuitive or user friendly as the previous site, I have a similar feeling about the new GPA site.

The old look was just fantastic and really didn't need changing IMO.

35 minutes ago, pmWolf said:

Seriously, look at this glorious screenshot. 

I can instantly see everything I need, INCLUDING the date of the last sale.

I can quickly compare a bunch of grades at once, see if things are trending up or down, and make quick, informed decisions without making hundreds of extra clicks. 

Oh, and the graph wasn't obnoxious, either. 

Screenshot_20191207-020026_Gallery.jpg

Comparing this to the new site side to side right now makes this an even tougher pill to swallow. If there were a serious alternative I would switch in a heartbeat.

The above image hits home. There really wasn't a need to change design.

On the plus side GPA opens up straight away now as a bookmarked fave on chrome without logging in, so that has been fixed.

But yeah, unless there was a capacity issue, I'd prefer to keep the old layout

Sorry GPA!