• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GPA Issues
8 8

413 posts in this topic

51 minutes ago, pmWolf said:

Out of curiosity, why were the changes even made? Was anyone actually clamoring for an interface that took a bunch of extra clicks and had less on-screen info?

And, fine...I get that you can't completely go back to the old site. But, can you make the new site look nearly identical to the old one? Or, at least give me all of this info on screen at the same time?

Because, see below. If the new design can't display all the info I see there, then it will always be an inferior product. 

Screenshot_20191207-211041_Telegram.jpg

I had to reduce my screen to 30% of its original size to screen cap this.

2.jpg.7cffa6bdb4f83cbf979a03da52748583.jpg

Edited by BlowUpTheMoon
greggy is a dork

I can say it was an adjustment, but I don't have the need to crunch numbers as if my life depends on it either.

I'm sure as with anything, there are good and bad. Gpanalysis saying that it was an old vulnerable system software, speaks to the need for change, and with that kind of information, it needs protection.... ? Or the data becomes faulty?

Sounds like changes could or perhaps should have come sooner.... so that it wasn't such a jolt, but hindsight being 20/20, I do believe it was beta tested.

Do we fault GPA specifically or do we look at the dealers  who had nice things to say....

I have yet to see any changes made by a company, which is inevitable, come to the boards and be met with open arms, except perhaps mycomicshop.....

7 minutes ago, BronzeBruce13 said:

So, please consider giving George and GPA a littler bit of a break here. He's not perfect, but he's been providing us with an invaluable service and only had the best of intentions in trying to give us more.

Lastly, those of you who sent him horrific, nasty, personal emails... you are POS's. One guy said he'd run George over in the road if he saw him. Some emails were so beyond nasty his team wouldn't let him see them. What a world we live in.

I said I was giving up but I want to give my response to this one:

1) This is not a personal issue for me. I have nothing against George, this is about a product and my dissatisfaction with the replacement. This goes exactly to my earlier post. We need to divorce the personal from the commercial. Just as those personal attacks are completely unacceptable, George should not take attacks on the product as personal attacks, and should react to them as valid customer dissatisfaction issues.

2) If this is a "labor of love" I think the whole community should reassess. For better or worse, GPA's accuracy and usability affects my pocketbook. If it is not a profitable and commercial enterprise that will be reliable for the long term, it is going to affect my approach to my investments. Everyone with a significant financial stake in comics should think about this situation. It is bad for everyone to have key man/key site risk significantly impacting the value of their holdings.

5 minutes ago, Logan510 said:

I have to wonder who the beta testers were that didn't mind all the extra clicks to get data or any of the other time extending features that have been added.

Maybe he should've chosen some dispassionate, technical people instead of dear personal friends to be testers (shrug)

Either way, I don't care if it's a passion project or that he's a terrific guy...I pay for a service and have for years, it's perfectly OK to speak up when you're dissatisfied with a service you pay for as long as you don't cross the line and make it personal.

This.

And imo, It makes more sense now that there is a list of who gave feedback... whether personal friends or not, it was beta tested and approved somehow. Didn't happen overnight. Maybe those in the beta test were so happy to be chosen they didn't feel to be too critical.

I would be, personal flaws and all, Dave and Adams just gave me a coupon from regularly buying, so what did I do? Used the coupon and gave glowing reviews :roflmao:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

2 hours ago, gpanalysis said:

I'm not sure if your saw my earlier post in this thread:

"Appreciate the feedback, good and bad and assure you we will continue to work on the service, including the look and feel. Some things are easy fixes/changes, some will need to take into consideration the wide variety of use cases (mobile, visually challenged, etc) and some, like "will you go back to the old site" won't be happening."

We are not ignoring the feedback, far from it. As DavidTeDavid notes, changing things will not be trivial and immediate, although some elements can be adjusted sooner than later.

At the moment, I don't have a lot of time to come and address every post, which would be to the detriment of helping some users who have had login issues, and with getting on with implementing further changes.

Login issues obviously are normal for a new launch, so I am not concerned with that.

What I do care about is more work for the same information and how universal blue data feels lost in translation.  Nothing personal just business, George.  Most of us here are long time paid subscribers.  I am assuming and have faith you will make the right changes going forward!  Happy Holidays

Edited by NewWorldOrder

3 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

This.

And imo, It makes more sense now that there is a list of who gave feedback... whether personal friends or not, it was beta tested and approved somehow. Didn't happen overnight. Maybe those in the beta test were so happy to be chosen they didn't feel to be too critical.

I would be, personal flaws and all, Dave and Adams just gave me a coupon from regularly but g, so what did I do? Used the coupon and gave glowing reviews :roflmao:

No, I took the job very seriously. I found several bugs in the process and made many recommendations. A few implemented, some not. Most of the beta testers were not "dear friends". A lot of feedback was divided.

I also didn't experience much of a lag if any. I didn't love the placement of the individual data and had some suggestions, but I did not find the extra click so horrible. Instead I was intrigued by the filter feature and the ease in which I could jump to a different issue in a title. But, that's just me.

Edited by BronzeBruce13
clarification

Just now, BronzeBruce13 said:

No, I took the job very seriously. I found several bugs in the process and made many recommendations. A few implemented, some not. Most of the beta testers were not "dear friends". A lot of feedback was divided.

That makes sense. I figured they were honest to be worth their salt, but I wonder how much "they" correlate to those users here. Is there anywhere to read these reviews? Is a thing like that even possible? :shy:

My only insight is I've prescreened movies and am asked for my opinion afterward.....

Just now, ADAMANTIUM said:

That makes sense. I figured they were honest to be worth their salt, but I wonder how much "they" correlate to those users here. Is there anywhere to read these reviews? Is a thing like that even possible? :shy:

My only insight is I've prescreened movies and am asked for my opinion afterward.....

If you doubt what I said, doubt it. I'm sure George is not going to publish all the feedback to prove it... he has more important things to do. Believe what you wish. I took the beta testing to heart and offered everything I saw or could think of that would improve it.

3 minutes ago, BronzeBruce13 said:

If you doubt what I said, doubt it. I'm sure George is not going to publish all the feedback to prove it... he has more important things to do. Believe what you wish. I took the beta testing to heart and offered everything I saw or could think of that would improve it.

I don't doubt it (thumbsu

You seem candid and I was just curious. No worries :)

13 minutes ago, Logan510 said:

Don’t get your pants caught in the chain :baiting:

Not sure what that' supposed to mean.

Addressing your previous post... of course its perfectly ok to offer constructive criticism for a product you pay for. I didn't suggest otherwise. I just asked for a little slack mostly relating to the harsher toned comments and also criticisms that were not even GPA's fault. One friend complained he didn't get his password change email and no contacts after several contacts... only to find out he changed his email and forgot, so yeah... he didn't get the email. I just helped him get in touch with George and it was fixed immediately. Also, some people got very nasty and he's my friend. So, I don't like it. Much of the good feedback here is going to be either implemented or considered. That shows some dedication to what the customer wants I think.

Edit: I did indeed suggest the people stealing it should STFU.

Edited by BronzeBruce13
I did suggest the people stealing it should STFU.

^^ This does make me happy and it seems to be staying saved so I do not have to keep clicking on it to filter out what I don't want to see.  At least on my end this was not available till literally tonight for me.  Again the only thing I would add is blue color next to each of the Universal grades and get rid of or minimize the "red live" icon next to the grade as per my example below in the FF 23 CGC 9.6.  That was make it perfect IMO!

49802327_ScreenShot2019-12-07at8_34_46PM.thumb.png.d98ed2fb60859bb07365cd8c282e0683.png

547631584_ScreenShot2019-12-07at8_40_10PM.thumb.png.0d921f943575d8ab10e85affd51719e9.png

Screen Shot 2019-12-07 at 8.34.46 PM.png

Edited by NewWorldOrder

24 minutes ago, BronzeBruce13 said:

Not sure what that' supposed to mean.

Addressing your previous post... of course its perfectly ok to offer constructive criticism for a product you pay for. I didn't suggest otherwise. I just asked for a little slack mostly relating to the harsher toned comments and also criticisms that were not even GPA's fault. One friend complained he didn't get his password change email and no contacts after several contacts... only to find out he changed his email and forgot, so yeah... he didn't get the email. I just helped him get in touch with George and it was fixed immediately. Also, some people got very nasty and he's my friend. So, I don't like it. Much of the good feedback here is going to be either implemented or considered. That shows some dedication to what the customer wants I think.

Edit: I did indeed suggest the people stealing it should STFU.

I understand you wanting to help a friend out here, not the way I would've done it but I understand it.

It's also OK to listen to the customer and not all change is for the better. My two favorite examples are New Coke and Microsoft removing the start button from Windows.

4 minutes ago, Logan510 said:

Just curious what others think about Go Collect? I was looking at the site and it looks kind of interesting and the mobile site seems pretty easy to navigate.

To be honest, it's what I use, again not a paid account though. I like it better than GPA at the moment because GPA limits the books to 3 that you can look up with a free account. 

Although, If you look up x-men #99 30 center, it doesn't calculate the 8.5 that I bought recently despite it being recalculated since then, so I take the info with a grain of salt (thumbsu