• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Custom Labels

10 posts in this topic

Hey group,

Im really confused here. I submit books all the time to CGC but now i wanna send 10 books or so with customer labels. The online form has no option to add one and CGC told me to hand write this in? Do i not submit an online form order to get the custom label or what? If anyone can show me examples on how they did it that would be great! 

Edited by Tjx27
Wording

HI there...this is my first post/reply so take that for what it is worth..

What books were you hoping to get labels for??

I spoke to the graders at the NC ComicCon...and they told me this ( for I had similar questions)...Custom Labels will only show available to purchase as you are submitting IF, the books are eligible for a customer label...Currently ( as far as my submissions went) they only have MARVEL labels...they are only allowed to be placed on MARVEL books...So, my Batman 200, could not get a Spiderman label...However, My Hulk 181 can get a Spiderman label...or Hulk...or Capt Marvel or Capt 'merica, etc...there is no cross company labeling permitted.
I asked why the labels were not offered to my Batman submission...all my others were Marevel...they told me the above.
I hope this answers your question...

14 hours ago, Steelrain41 said:

Screenshot_20191205-173506.png

So i found out the isseu im having. Some marvel books depending on the title will not have this show up. Example, My marvel comics 1000 dell otto Venom virgin cover does not prompt for this menu to pop up. But my other titles did.

On 12/4/2019 at 7:32 PM, PaulyP_in_NC said:

HI there...this is my first post/reply so take that for what it is worth..

What books were you hoping to get labels for??

I spoke to the graders at the NC ComicCon...and they told me this ( for I had similar questions)...Custom Labels will only show available to purchase as you are submitting IF, the books are eligible for a customer label...Currently ( as far as my submissions went) they only have MARVEL labels...they are only allowed to be placed on MARVEL books...So, my Batman 200, could not get a Spiderman label...However, My Hulk 181 can get a Spiderman label...or Hulk...or Capt Marvel or Capt 'merica, etc...there is no cross company labeling permitted.
I asked why the labels were not offered to my Batman submission...all my others were Marevel...they told me the above.
I hope this answers your question...

THANK YOU VERY MUCH IT DOES!

I just got my Hulk 181 back...and get this...NO CUSTOM LABEL was provided...sooooo pissed off...Any GCG PTB here? Please tell me what my options are, I requested and paid for it...such a bummer on my very first order...I will call them on Monday to troubleshoot this...

On 12/7/2019 at 6:43 PM, PaulyP_in_NC said:

I just got my Hulk 181 back...and get this...NO CUSTOM LABEL was provided...sooooo pissed off...Any GCG PTB here? Please tell me what my options are, I requested and paid for it...such a bummer on my very first order...I will call them on Monday to troubleshoot this...

That really sucks. Hopefully they get it fixed for you at no charge. 

On 12/8/2019 at 9:49 PM, Steelrain41 said:

That really sucks. Hopefully they get it fixed for you at no charge. 

I just found this link in here that explains custom labels a bit but not too much in details:
https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/7873/

As far as my missing label goes, it seems (from the article linked) that custom labels are only for Blue Universal and Yellow Signature series...the Green Books (like mine) do not "qualify"...oh well...WHERE'S MY FIVE BUCKS?!? I need to go back to see if I was charged for it...not the end of the world...but clarity (when submitting) on this sorta thing would be an improvement.