VALUE GRADE TURNAROUND TIME
2 2

15 posts in this topic

33 posts

i sent in 15 books quick press value tier the books were show received on 11/7 what the real turn around time i should expect? Also what would be the turn around time on a modern shipment 15 books quick press?

3,642 posts

I've had 10 books in the value tier since the first week of July and they have yet to be graded.  I know the current turnaround for a quick press at CCS is around 3 months so you're looking at maybe 9 - 10 months give or take a couple of weeks.

367 posts

Yeah it’s bad....beyond ridiculous. 

3,642 posts

It's ridiculous to have a tier that seems to be forgotten until they can get to them.  If they can't stick to the stated 106 day estimate then they should just incorporate the fast path into the price and try to keep it around 2 months.

2 posts

Why is CGC out at shows soliciting more submissions when they can’t handle what they have sitting in their vault?

131 posts

I just got back my value tier submission that was received July 12th... So it's a bit of a wait.

16 posts

Turnaround is bad enough already; tacking on pressing services is just asking for trouble.

My advice: support your local comic book presser/cleaner (thumbsu. I can recommend a few to anyone in California.

11,230 posts
On 12/4/2019 at 10:09 AM, comicquant said:

... in the value tier.  I know the current turnaround for a quick press at CCS is around 3 months so you're looking at maybe 9 - 10 months give or take a couple of weeks.

Sounds accurate. I am in Canada and it took a speedy 8.5 months since I dropped the comics off well BEFORE busy comicon summer season.

33 posts

Thanks,i have a 15 book modern grade to send does that go any quicker? Also,does anyone know of a good presser on Long Island NY?

2 posts

Submission turnaround. I submitted 25 books 07/11/19, 25 books 0716/19 and 25 books 0719/19. The 07/11 shipped 11/21 from CGC, the 07/19 shipped 12/03. The 07/16 is in grading/quality control and has been for 2 weeks. Called CGG and all they would say is your books are in grading/quality control but assured me there was not a problem with my submission. They can’t keep my own submissions first in first out. Makes you wonder about what other submissions were pushed through out of order. CGC needs to focus on working through the books in their vaults and spend less effort out generating new submissions. Take care of your customers on the books first. It’s all about CGC generating $$$$.

Edited by Studnutz

1,392 posts
On 12/5/2019 at 5:34 PM, Studnutz said:

Why is CGC out at shows soliciting more submissions when they can’t handle what they have sitting in their vault?

It's all about the - 

dollar-sign-gif-12.gif.a4600b363e5b683e0a1bd341109dd3d2.gif