• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

VALUE GRADE TURNAROUND TIME
1 1

19 posts in this topic

On 12/4/2019 at 10:09 AM, comicquant said:

... in the value tier.  I know the current turnaround for a quick press at CCS is around 3 months so you're looking at maybe 9 - 10 months give or take a couple of weeks.

Sounds accurate. I am in Canada and it took a speedy 8.5 months since I dropped the comics off well BEFORE busy comicon summer season.

Submission turnaround. I submitted 25 books 07/11/19, 25 books 0716/19 and 25 books 0719/19. The 07/11 shipped 11/21 from CGC, the 07/19 shipped 12/03. The 07/16 is in grading/quality control and has been for 2 weeks. Called CGG and all they would say is your books are in grading/quality control but assured me there was not a problem with my submission. They can’t keep my own submissions first in first out. Makes you wonder about what other submissions were pushed through out of order. CGC needs to focus on working through the books in their vaults and spend less effort out generating new submissions. Take care of your customers on the books first. It’s all about CGC generating $$$$.

Edited by Studnutz

On 12/5/2019 at 5:54 PM, aardvark88 said:
On 12/4/2019 at 10:09 AM, comicquant said:

... in the value tier.  I know the current turnaround for a quick press at CCS is around 3 months so you're looking at maybe 9 - 10 months give or take a couple of weeks.

Sounds accurate. I am in Canada and it took a speedy 8.5 months since I dropped the comics off well BEFORE busy comicon summer season.

This certainly sounds like a heck of a long time to me for a quick press and a grading.  :taptaptap:  :taptaptap:

Is this actually within their targeted turnaround deadlines or is it well beyond their advertised or posted turnaround times for this Value tier?  hm

14 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

This certainly sounds like a heck of a long time to me for a quick press and a grading.  :taptaptap:  :taptaptap:

Is this actually within their targeted turnaround deadlines or is it well beyond their advertised or posted turnaround times for this Value tier?  hm

I believe their targeted turnaround was 112 biz days but I’m still waiting on that same batch of books and with this Todd mcfarlane signing it’s just going to get worse.  I think they’ve gotten themselves in over their head.  I know a majority of those I’ve talked with have had the same issue.

Submitted numerous Value books...broken into 3 groups. They are marked RECEIVED Sept 17th.... 2 of the 3 groups were moved to SCHEDULED today Dec 19th.  So...90 days?

Another ECONOMY group marked RECEIVED Nov. 14 were moved to SCHEDULED on DEC 16th?  So that's 32 days.