• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Signature recommendation

10 posts in this topic

SCOTT McFarlane? Goodness, DO NOT HAVE SCOTT MCFARLANE SIGN YOUR SPIDEY 300...

Okay seriously, welcome to the boards.

Signatures on comics sometimes lower the value, sometimes raise it - it all depends on the book, its condition, who is signing, if it's raw or CGC witnessed, etc. Use eBay past sales or GPA Analysis to get an idea of what the market is. I just took a quick look on eBay - in the past two weeks, a 9.0 CGC SS signed by Todd McFarlane went for $550, while a 9.0 CGC unsigned went for $360. So right now a Todd McFarlane sig would appear to raise the value. Then again, after this month's Todd McFarlane CGC signing, the market might get FLOODED by lots of newly-signed books. So maybe the value will go down? Who knows? 

As with all things comic books, if you're trying to get rich off them, you're gonna be miserable. Collect what you love and enjoy it if they happen to go up in value. 

4 hours ago, 451422 said:

I have 2 Spider-Man 300s in the high 9.x grade. Wouldn't having the artist Scott McFarlane sign them book lower the value? 

I don't think you're in the game enough or detail-oriented enough to make a quality decision on this.  So just pass. 

On 12/4/2019 at 3:16 PM, 451422 said:

I have 2 Spider-Man 300s in the high 9.x grade. Wouldn't having the artist Scott McFarlane sign them book lower the value? 

On 12/4/2019 at 3:16 PM, 451422 said:

no