• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay: Lot of Graphic Collectibles original art catalogs

9 posts in this topic

Hi all!  I order to raise some funds to keep buying old original art catalogs, I have put a lot of 12 Graphic Collectibles original comic art catalogs up for auction on eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Graphic-Collectibles-comic-art-catalogs-lot-of-12-1984-2000-Kirby-Romita-Colan/114000229101?hash=item1a8af172ed:g:Qs0AAOSwSw5d5x0i

Opening bid is $9.99 with no reserve.  The catalogs range from 1984 to 2000 and include lots of nice images of art and fascinating prices.  These catalogs are my very favorite to scan for my ComicArtAds website (www.comicartads.com) and are a lot of fun to check out.  Thanks, Lee

ps.  If anyone has any old Christie's catalogs that feature original comic art items, please let me know, especially if you would be willing to donate them for my ComicArtAds scanning project.  Thanks!

On 12/5/2019 at 5:57 AM, Lee B. said:

Hi all!  I order to raise some funds to keep buying old original art catalogs, I have put a lot of 12 Graphic Collectibles original comic art catalogs up for auction on eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Graphic-Collectibles-comic-art-catalogs-lot-of-12-1984-2000-Kirby-Romita-Colan/114000229101?hash=item1a8af172ed:g:Qs0AAOSwSw5d5x0i

Opening bid is $9.99 with no reserve.  The catalogs range from 1984 to 2000 and include lots of nice images of art and fascinating prices.  These catalogs are my very favorite to scan for my ComicArtAds website (www.comicartads.com) and are a lot of fun to check out.  Thanks, Lee

ps.  If anyone has any old Christie's catalogs that feature original comic art items, please let me know, especially if you would be willing to donate them for my ComicArtAds scanning project.  Thanks!

Lee if you have the catalog with the Wrightson Frankenstein that sold for $36,000 back in 96-99? that would be timely to post a pic in the Profiles in History thread.

2 hours ago, grapeape said:

Lee if you have the catalog with the Wrightson Frankenstein that sold for $36,000 back in 96-99? that would be timely to post a pic in the Profiles in History thread.

If you’re talking about a catalog of mine, I never had the Frankenstein piece in my catalog. 

53 minutes ago, artdealer said:

That was a situation where Bernie bought the art to my house one night and he wanted to sell it. I made one call and it was sold. 

Wow......that is not surprising one call with your contacts. What a super cool memory of you and Bernie.

Thanks for fielding the question Mitch!  And just to clarify, the 1994 Wrightson catalog that is part of my auction does show several unpublished penciled and partially inked Frankenstein drawings, but definitely not the cover in question. Cheers, Lee

10 hours ago, Lee B. said:

Thanks for fielding the question Mitch!  And just to clarify, the 1994 Wrightson catalog that is part of my auction does show several unpublished penciled and partially inked Frankenstein drawings, but definitely not the cover in question. Cheers, Lee

Right. Those unpublished pieces came from Bernie. We sold several published Frankenstein originals also.