• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eBay seller alert - cgc*comics

37 posts in this topic

whoa whoa whoa. hold up.

im the leading bidder on 3 of comic-keys auctions ending tonight. i bought a DD raw 9.4 from him recently, it arrived on time, packaged well, and seems to be in as good as condition as the pic he posted. Is his stuff restored or something? Is it possible did i get lucky? And most importantly do i need to cancel my bids on the books im currently winning?!?!

As far as comic keys goes, many of his books are reported to be trimmed and color touched. He has been in jail ( so we hear) for fraud. Never bid on an auction with blocked feedback. It's blocked for a reason. In this case he also runs a private auction. So many people want to catch this guy and they would be emailing his bidders with tales of his past events, so he blocks the names and has a "private" auction.

I would stay far away.

Well i'm not buying anymore comics from him and i sent him a msg that i think the DD i bought may have been restored and he said he bought it with a cracked blue label case but that he'd refund my money. His auctions that closed yesterday totaled over 6k in sales, isn't there someway to stop him? Thanks to everyone for informing me, i knew joining these boards would pay off. giggity giggity goo

Getting back to cgc*comics, I definitely think Borock or someone else with CGC clout should get involved and shut these guys down. I would think that name infringement would be valid claim enough, even if these guys weren't ripping people one.

Wouldn't want more newbies to get confused or rolled over by these phony jerks.

You know the really, truly sad thing....?

These people have made thousands and thousands and thousands and thousands and <deeeeeep breath> thousands and thousands of dollars ripping people off on eBay....

And yet....there they are, still on eBay....

But if you refuse, on moral grounds, to pay a seller if they, say, try to charge you $2 per comic to ship 10 comics after the first $5....and then send Media Mail...

You get booted.

And if you DARE to leave a negative...you get one in retaliation.

The system works!

When I was new to Ebay I bought his books and was really excited. The books were [embarrassing lack of self control]........he threatened to retaliate. Comic keys, Terence aka aka aka and Stock Wizard have become the anal part of the Ebay body...............

whoa whoa whoa. hold up.

im the leading bidder on 3 of comic-keys auctions ending tonight. i bought a DD raw 9.4 from him recently, it arrived on time, packaged well, and seems to be in as good as condition as the pic he posted. Is his stuff restored or something? Is it possible did i get lucky? And most importantly do i need to cancel my bids on the books im currently winning?!?!

I paid nearly $5K for ASM 1. He guarnteed everything was cool with the book. He graded it at about 6.0 if I remember correctly. I had it CGC'ed and it came back a restored 4.0. After I retunred it to him, he immediately refunded all of my money. He communicated very well over the entire time period and was stunned at the CGC results.

My 2 cents from my experience with him.