• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

damian wayne first appearance
1 1

7 posts in this topic

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 8:03 AM, Sultan82 said:

what is considered to be the more essential first appearance of damian wayne? Batman 655 or 656? or both?

Walk us through the differences in the issues as you understand them.  And then give us a brief definition of what 'essential' means to you, as that word can be considered somewhat subjective.

655, hands down. People will debate what constitutes a "first appearance" (see debates over Wolverine, Bloodshot, or, less directly analogous, Darkseid), but 655 has way more demand than 656. 655 is also Grant Morrison's first issue as writer and the issue where Joker gets his face blown off and falls off a building, so it's got that going for it, too. 656 might be more of a companion to the previous issue, but I think the number of people that would choose 656 over 655 in a taste test would be very much in the minority.

17 minutes ago, Martin Sinescu said:

655, hands down. People will debate what constitutes a "first appearance" (see debates over Wolverine, Bloodshot, or, less directly analogous, Darkseid), but 655 has way more demand than 656. 655 is also Grant Morrison's first issue as writer and the issue where Joker gets his face blown off and falls off a building, so it's got that going for it, too. 656 might be more of a companion to the previous issue, but I think the number of people that would choose 656 over 655 in a taste test would be very much in the minority.

bro! I'm trying to teach a man to fish over here!

Thanks for the answers. Very often, a character has a cameo in an issue, but then they appear in the next issue which is considered the first true appearance (wolverine, carnage, legion, etc) but on eBay, I don’t see much of a price difference between Batman 655 and 656. Seems like 655 is the answer