• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fed Extra Stupid Experience with HA package

44 posts in this topic

On 12/6/2019 at 12:56 AM, MYNAMEISLEGION said:

Frustrated I called them,  25 minutes later I get some cheerful overseas guy who's more than willing to set this up.  Then he says he can't. The shipper put restrictions on the shipment that it couldn't be redirected.

Same thing happened with my last shipment from Comiclink. It had never happened before with them either. I'm going to be changing my shipping address for future packages. :frustrated:

Edited by mysterio

Same happened to me with my Heritage shipment. This will likely cause me to stop buying from Heritage.

I called FedEx and they said there was a restriction on my package and they couldn’t hold it at a location. Called Heritage and was told this is company policy and they do this because they ship rare and unique items. I told the rep my previous shipment from Heritage was sent via USPS and it was left on my doorstep with no signature required. She didn’t respond to that.

I called fedex back and was told after 3 attempts to deliver they will hold it at the location.

I guess I will see what happens.

1 hour ago, Shaun C89 said:

This will likely cause me to stop buying from Heritage.

You're not the first to write this in this thread; you guys really going be able to do this? Self-control among collectors is even rarer than 9.8 Action #1 ;)

6 hours ago, Shaun C89 said:

Same happened to me with my Heritage shipment. This will likely cause me to stop buying from Heritage.

I called FedEx and they said there was a restriction on my package and they couldn’t hold it at a location. Called Heritage and was told this is company policy and they do this because they ship rare and unique items. I told the rep my previous shipment from Heritage was sent via USPS and it was left on my doorstep with no signature required. She didn’t respond to that.

I called fedex back and was told after 3 attempts to deliver they will hold it at the location.

I guess I will see what happens.

what I'm hearing here is HA would rather err on the side of what their own insurance will cover than to actually insure the safe delivery of a rare, often one of a kind item that is IRREPLACEABLE.  Porch thieves take your art and after much hassle and claims filing they will eventually reimburse you, (minus fees and other misc, of course) and you are out that piece of art FOREVER.  I think we live in a complex, nuanced, sophisticated enough world that HA or Comiclink too it appears) can make a distinction or Fedex can make a distinction between redirecting a package (a package that is being sent Fed Ex ground, no signature required mind you) and HOLD AT A FED EX LOCATION (where you will have to show your ID in order to claim your package) If they cannot, they don't deserve my business.  I"m by no means a big player, I"m sure they will survive without me, I don't have any illusions about that. But if more bidders take the same stance, it behooves them to take this into consideration, because each of us that's not Albert or Burkey bidding on mass lots are still moving the bids up. My value as a bidder to HA is not my wins, it's all the bids I lose.  I've bid 6x in $$$ what I've won looking at my total HA history. Hell I'd rather buy it from Mike at 25% over his cost to win it than bid against him and still lose.  Let's just not bid at all. I"m sure the Boomers cashing out by consigning to HA would love that!

Edited by MYNAMEISLEGION