• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just got these G.I. Joe Larry Hama signed beauties back!! (9 books total.)
2 2

11 posts in this topic

On 2/27/2020 at 11:48 PM, DELTA 62 said:

I just got this one in!

BIG THANKS to @Triston Pence for getting it signed for me!!!

Gi Joe #21.JPG

This is like my holy grail, and the irony is, I have seen Larry Hama at NYCC since 2015 and never once thought to get a SS signed by him! However, locating a 9.8 copy of this book, 1st print too, has been difficult; can I ask how did you accomplish this feat?? It must even be harder now with COVID, but would love to know for the future! Thank you!

8 hours ago, AW177 said:

This is like my holy grail, and the irony is, I have seen Larry Hama at NYCC since 2015 and never once thought to get a SS signed by him! However, locating a 9.8 copy of this book, 1st print too, has been difficult; can I ask how did you accomplish this feat?? It must even be harder now with COVID, but would love to know for the future! Thank you!

Larry Hama was at Albuquerque Comic Con back in January before all the cons starting shutting down.  I had my good buddy @Triston Pence get it signed for me as he was at the show too.  

1 hour ago, DELTA 62 said:

Larry Hama was at Albuquerque Comic Con back in January before all the cons starting shutting down.  I had my good buddy @Triston Pence get it signed for me as he was at the show too.  

Thanks for the response! Did you already buy a CGC 9.8 and then cracked it opened and had Larry sign it? Or where did you find such a high grade comic of GI Joe #21?

7 hours ago, AW177 said:

Thanks for the response! Did you already buy a CGC 9.8 and then cracked it opened and had Larry sign it? Or where did you find such a high grade comic of GI Joe #21?

I was VERY lucky to find one out in the "wild."

On 2/27/2020 at 10:48 PM, DELTA 62 said:

I just got this one in!

BIG THANKS to @Triston Pence for getting it signed for me!!!

Gi Joe #21.JPG

That sure is a beauty and to find it in the wild raw Congrats!

Edited by onlyweaknesskryptonite

21 minutes ago, DELTA 62 said:

Thanks!  I am pretty sure I used up all of my cosmic comic luck when I found this book!  

I have thought this on many occasions, but sometimes it just happens. Not as good as that, but just last week I found a Space Usagi #1 in probably 9.6 for $1.. still to find the raw you did :golfclap: