• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When will the next unrestored Tec #27 come to auction?
6 6

1,086 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, Chicago Boy said:

The fact that Metro doesn’t buy it and hold onto makes you wonder .about the best future of the hobby ....abd the owner is taking offers 

That’s an astute observation. And it has a ring to it. 

But a less foreboding possibility(to the hobby in general) is CC is simply still trying to dig out after the prolonged site upgrade. That would explain them leaving it out on the table like this.

as for the seller, I agree with Primetime’s theory immediately above 

and yes, I too hope it all works out for the seller. This is not a good time to throw a big book out there

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost

1 hour ago, Bat34 said:

How amazing would it be to own a blue Tec 27 - even for a short time?  I'd worry about liquidity on any big book like that...

If he lowers his price by roughly $440k I'll be all over it!  

I would pretty much need to find one while cleaning out an attic to ever have a shot at that book in any condition. 

16 hours ago, Chicago Boy said:

The fact that Metro doesn’t buy it and hold onto makes you wonder .about the best future of the hobby ....abd the owner is taking offers 

Arguably the nice looking 2.5 that sold for $410k I believe, presents better than this book.

Edited by jabats

1 hour ago, Dark Knight said:

Could it also mean it was sold?

Don't think so, I had it under watch and no longer an item.

Unless ofc that the new ComicConnect site is so stupidly designed that any pending sale item immediately gets removed from every user's watch list (not the case with old site functionality)

And if it did in fact sell, then it should show up in the RECENTLY SOLD section of the site, which it hasn't yet.

Edited by Gotham Kid

44 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

Don't think so, I had it under watch and no longer an item.

Unless ofc that the new ComicConnect site is so stupidly designed that any pending sale item immediately gets removed from every user's watch list (not the case with old site functionality)

And if it did in fact sell, then it should show up in the RECENTLY SOLD section of the site, which it hasn't yet.

The one truly reliable source of pre-Robin Detectives is Peter.  He is a virtual encyclopedia of information on these books.

Yeah not liking the search function for the new CC site.  When the Tec 27 was up for sale, I typed in "Detective Comics" and nothing showed up for that book.  I then typed in the full Detective Comics 27 and it did show up.  I guess for now you have to be specific about what book you are currently searching.

2 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:

Yeah not liking the search function for the new CC site.  When the Tec 27 was up for sale, I typed in "Detective Comics" and nothing showed up for that book.  I then typed in the full Detective Comics 27 and it did show up.  I guess for now you have to be specific about what book you are currently searching.

there are still several fundamentally flawed aspects of the new CC/Metro site

6 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

there are still several fundamentally flawed aspects of the new CC/Metro site

What's kind of unnerving about it, is I find myself just not looking at CC for big books. Or if I'm really hunting, they are lower on my list than CL, heritage and Ebay. The search functionality stinks. 

I use to always look at them and CL first.