• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When will the next unrestored Tec #27 come to auction?
6 6

1,086 posts in this topic

57 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

CC listed this book for $25k less a month ago(or just a couple pages back in this thread, depending on what yardstick you prefer). Sadly, whether it’s $900k or $925k, there’s no seat at that table for me. 

NO SOUP FOR YOU GHOST MAN :preach:

boot.jpg

Saw the listing on eBay and checked in here for discussion. Interesting to see Metro turn to eBay, and I always wonder whether eBay really is the best (or at least SHOULD be the best) avenue for sale to a worldwide marketplace. 

My opinion is that the government is putting so much money into the economy right now that there is bound to be future price appreciation - that’s why gold is up so much, and the same should hold true for mega keys. Cash is king for now, but in a few months, cash in the bank will be losing value in “real” terms rapidly. 

As noted earlier in the discussion, once you have one, unless you are a “trader,” (bought with the intent to sell short-term) it’s very difficult to sell. It’s something you can give your kids, and they can give their kids, and on and on.  It will always go up in value due to scarcity, and because Batman is just cool.  

@Wayne-Tec Got a nice one coming! Have to imagine this is less of a question of if it will break a million, but more so by how much. 4th highest graded with just 5 higher and 1 other in grade. 

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/detective-comics-27-dc-1939-cgc-fn-vf-70-off-white-pages/p/7236-97001.s?ic4=GalleryView-ShortDescription-071515

DDA8BBED-B915-422F-A45B-EB994AC4F35B.jpeg

Edited by LDarkseid1

On 9/23/2020 at 6:12 PM, LDarkseid1 said:

@Wayne-Tec Got a nice one coming! Have to imagine this is less of a question of if it will break a million, but more so by how much. 4th highest graded with just 5 higher and 1 other in grade. 

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/detective-comics-27-dc-1939-cgc-fn-vf-70-off-white-pages/p/7236-97001.s?ic4=GalleryView-ShortDescription-071515

DDA8BBED-B915-422F-A45B-EB994AC4F35B.jpeg

What is your prediction on this one?

1 hour ago, Wayne-Tec said:

What is your prediction on this one?

Hmm, I feel like it’s soo tough to gauge to be honest. That nice Rockford pedigree 6.0 has been sitting at $900K without even an offer publicly, and after selling for $732K on Comicconnect in 2018. I’ll say $1.2 mil-1.3 mil conservatively.

5 hours ago, Dark Knight said:

It does have a gut shot at over a mil, but it's such a weaker 7.0 that it wouldn't sell as much as a traditional 7.0 copy

3 hours ago, KCOComics said:

The label says 7.0, but it's got alot going on.

+2

As I had posted in the other thread, definitely a case of changes in grading, whether intentional (i.e. changing standards) or not (i.e. lack of consistentcy), when comparing grading from significantly different time periods.  hm

The fact that the (preferable imo) Rockford 6.0 has been sitting for several months with no offers remotely close to the 900k asking price will also impact the 7.0 result not to surpass the 1Mil. My opinion of course.

Edited by Gotham Kid

1 minute ago, Gotham Kid said:

The fact that the (preferable imo) Rockford 6.0 has been sitting for a few months with no offers remotely close to the 900k asking price will also influence the 7.0 result not to surpass the 1Mil. My opinion of course.

A number of auction bidders don't seem to be influenced at all by books' fixed price listings.