• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When will the next unrestored Tec #27 come to auction?
6 6

1,086 posts in this topic

22 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

The fact that the (preferable imo) Rockford 6.0 has been sitting for several months with no offers remotely close to the 900k asking price will also impact the 7.0 result not to surpass the 1Mil. My opinion of course.

Has it received a public offer on the site ? 

On 10/11/2020 at 1:22 AM, Gotham Kid said:

The fact that the (preferable imo) Rockford 6.0 has been sitting for several months with no offers remotely close to the 900k asking price will also impact the 7.0 result not to surpass the 1Mil. My opinion of course.

I agree that it will be tough for the 7.0 to break 7 figures (unless Jim is buying again).

With the Rockford dropping from a 1 mil ask to 900K (and the assumption it could be had for even less), I wonder how Gator is feeling about his non-sale at 800+ of the 5.0?

Sometimes the rare air is too rare.

1 hour ago, Crowzilla said:

I agree that it will be tough for the 7.0 to break 7 figures (unless Jim is buying again).

With the Rockford dropping from a 1 mil ask to 900K (and the assumption it could be had for even less), I wonder how Gator is feeling about his non-sale at 800+ of the 5.0?

Sometimes the rare air is too rare.

My guess this was always a long term investment but only the man himself can answer for sure.  

13 hours ago, Professor Chaos said:
18 hours ago, Dark Knight said:

I'd rather own the Rockford 6.0 than the Heritage 7.0

Hi, I'm curious why you feel that way. I looked at both and the 7.0 does look cleaner and a little nicer to me. Just wondering. 

Just looks better to me in my opinion. Also it is a pedigree copy as an added bonus.

Edited by Dark Knight

29 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:
14 hours ago, Professor Chaos said:
18 hours ago, Dark Knight said:

I'd rather own the Rockford 6.0 than the Heritage 7.0

Hi, I'm curious why you feel that way. I looked at both and the 7.0 does look cleaner and a little nicer to me. Just wondering. 

Just looks better to me in my opinion. Also it is a pedigree copy as an added bonus.

+1

plus it would cost less

Edited by Gotham Kid

3 hours ago, Dark Knight said:

3 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

+1

plus it would cost less

Ah ok. Thanks guys. I'm always trying to learn from the pro's. Can't wait to see some of these auctions at closiing time coming up.

1 hour ago, Wayne-Tec said:

Tough to say.

If given the choice between these 3 books, how are you ranking them?

Can I play ?

Tec 27 7.0
MC 1 ( Nov copy ) 9.4

Cap 1 9.4 

only taking the marvel over the cap because I think it’s the highest graded ? 

Edited by Chicago Boy

12 hours ago, Chicago Boy said:

Can I play ?

Tec 27 7.0
MC 1 ( Nov copy ) 9.4

Cap 1 9.4 

only taking the marvel over the cap because I think it’s the highest graded ? 

How long until we see a higher graded copy of Tec #27 come to auction?

3 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

first came the 1.0 then the 1.5, the cert# to the 1.0 is no longer valid as it was most likely handed in when re-graded.

Capture.thumb.PNG.dbb09f5d92010ea0863c6189f38bb60e.PNG

image.png.44979ea88530fbf99a71e89357926685.png

Ok thanks for looking in to that. Just according to Gocollect the 1.5 was sold 3/21/18 on CC and the 1.0 on 3/15/19 on e bay. My brain is not grasping this. 

On 10/18/2020 at 10:26 AM, Gotham Kid said:

if the 27 7.0 underperforms, I'd say not for a LONG while...

What's underperforming do you think? I seem to be in the minority of people who think this will break 1 million, although my estimate of 1.2-1.3 mil may have been a bit overzealous I'll admit. For me under a mil would be underperforming, but I guess for everyone else if it sells for less than $900K? Despite people's presentation issues and some preferring the pedigree 6.0, I just can't grasp how this couldn't break a mil. Once again goes to show Action 1 is in a league of it's own because there would be no question an Action 1 would break a million if it was even a 6.0 I'd assume. I remember that 5.5 sold for $956K several years ago. So just boggles me that it's not assumed this Tec 27 7.0 will break a million. And I get it, there's more to a book than just the grade, but it's a damn nice copy imop.

Edited by LDarkseid1

3 minutes ago, LDarkseid1 said:

What's underperforming do you think? I seem to be in the minority of people who think this will break 1 million, although my estimate of 1.2-1.3 mil may have been a bit overzealous I'll admit. For me under a mil would be underperforming, but I guess for everyone else if it sells for less than $900K? Despite people's presentation issues and some preferring the pedigree 6.0, I just can't grasp how this couldn't break a mil. Once again goes to show Action 1 is in a league of it's own because there would be no question an Action 1 would break a million if it was even a 6.0 I'd assume. I remember that 5.5 sold for $956K several years ago. So just boggles me that it's not assumed this Tec 27 7.0 will break a million. And I get it, there's more to a book than just the grade, but it's a damn nice copy imop.

Hard to talk about high end comics in the abstract without considering the tiny pool of buyers.  The top two Action 1 prices, which inflated the Action 1 market, were to the exact same buyer, who had a very emotional attachment to Superman, and he's now reportedly on the sidelines (he also has a D27).  So who's going to drive the demand for this D27?  I personally think it is telling that Metro put the D27 6.0 Rockford up for sale without having a buyer ready to make the purchase.  That's counter to what they did for the Cage Action 1.  So folks here "in the know" may realize that there is no obvious buyer for D27s at the price points we saw Hariri willing to pay for Action 1s.

5 minutes ago, sfcityduck said:

Hard to talk about high end comics in the abstract without considering the tiny pool of buyers.  The top two Action 1 prices, which inflated the Action 1 market, were to the exact same buyer, who had a very emotional attachment to Superman, and he's now reportedly on the sidelines (he also has a D27).  So who's going to drive the demand for this D27?  I personally think it is telling that Metro put the D27 6.0 Rockford up for sale without having a buyer ready to make the purchase.  That's counter to what they did for the Cage Action 1.  So folks here "in the know" may realize that there is no obvious buyer for D27s at the price points we saw Hariri willing to pay for Action 1s.

This is definitely one of the aspects of this industry that has always intrigued me. When you say tiny pool, how tiny exactly is the pool? Is it assumed Hariri, and less than a handful of buyers exist out there willing to spend over a mil to buy a comic? I guess some big dealers are on that list, who are on these boards. Or is it more like 100 people? Also, I feel people forget there are buyers out there who have insane funds, but locked up in books. So do they have a million to spend at this moment, maybe not, but can they sell a bunch to have the funds to do so and go on a payment plan, yes I think so. So between buyers who straight up have millions to spend and buyers who could sell books in upcoming auctions to fund a book of this magnitude, I think there's maybe a decent amount out there.

5 minutes ago, LDarkseid1 said:

Is it assumed Hariri, and less than a handful of buyers exist out there willing to spend over a mil to buy a comic? 

I know of only 8 public comic book transactions where the price exceeded $1M and those were not to 8 different buyers.  Those involved four different Actions 1s (8.0, same 8.5 twice, 9.0 Cage and 9.0 white) with the top two of those to the same buyer.  It also involved an AF 15 (9.6) back in 2011 that seems like it may be overly high now.  The remaining books were the MC 1 (9.4) and D27 (8.0).  While there probably have been "secret" sales I don't know about, the pool of people who have paid over $1M (ignoring pass through dealers buying on behalf of a client like Metro) is likely less than 8 active collectors since I believe that the 8.5 Action was sold the second time after the original buyer died and Hariri is now reportedly on the sidelines.  There could be no more than 6 or less active collectors who have paid $1M+ for a comic (again excluding dealers who bought on behalf of a client).