• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When will the next unrestored Tec #27 come to auction?
6 6

1,086 posts in this topic

22 hours ago, Wayne-Tec said:

:news:

Detective Comics #27 CGC 7.0 is now up to $735,000.

When this sold at Heritage a decade ago it was about 1.5x guide, and it seems most unrestored copies since have also been a similar multiple. So my question is will this be a disappointment if it doesn't hit 1.5x guide, or does it "only" need to hit a million to be deemed a success?

And of course the real question is, with the disappearance of the Rockford copy, are the wheels in motion?

2 hours ago, Crowzilla said:

When this sold at Heritage a decade ago it was about 1.5x guide, and it seems most unrestored copies since have also been a similar multiple. So my question is will this be a disappointment if it doesn't hit 1.5x guide, or does it "only" need to hit a million to be deemed a success?

And of course the real question is, with the disappearance of the Rockford copy, are the wheels in motion?

Hi, do we know if the Rockford was sold? I don't think it was. The owner probably put it on ice until the 7.0 is sold. I would have done the same just in case the 7.0 go Bat Crazy you don't want to have your 6.0 out there being offered for a measly 900K for one of the 7.0's runner ups to grab for a song.

Let's say the 7.0 closes at 1.5 for example, the person who bid 1.4 will be on that 6.0 for 900K like white on rice.

9 minutes ago, Professor Chaos said:

Hi, do we know if the Rockford was sold? I don't think it was. The owner probably put it on ice until the 7.0 is sold. I would have done the same just in case the 7.0 go Bat Crazy you don't want to have your 6.0 out there being offered for a measly 900K for one of the 7.0's runner ups to grab for a song.

Let's say the 7.0 closes at 1.5 for example, the person who bid 1.4 will be on that 6.0 for 900K like white on rice.

There is most likely a tidal wave of inflation soon upon us. Stockmarket is volatile and real estate at an all time high.

This big tec 27 looks more and more like a safe haven for cash holdings.

8 minutes ago, Mr bla bla said:

There is most likely a tidal wave of inflation soon upon us. Stockmarket is volatile and real estate at an all time high.

The rise in sports card has been interesting ( and shocking to me ) 

38 minutes ago, Professor Chaos said:

Sounds obvious to you and me that if  the 7.0 sells for 1.5 that the 6.0 will immediately sell for 900K, but as Gator has said, it just doesn't always work that way and sale A doesn't always lead to sale B.

Don't know if the Rockford sold, but my wheels in motion comment was more along the lines of Metro putting in action the idea of marketing the Rockford at "only" 3 million or so after they pay $5 million for the 7.0

56 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

The rise in sports card has been interesting ( and shocking to me ) 

Agreed. The sports card market surge, especially moderns, is driven by social media hype from influencers (such as Gary V). 

Edited by Northwest

1 hour ago, Mr bla bla said:

Sure, with almost every country going billions and trillions more in debt to the banking system over the corona some serious inflation is sure to follow. More for them, less for us.......but that's a different and depressing topic so I'll shut my big fat yapper about that now. . 

5 hours ago, Mr bla bla said:

4 hours ago, Professor Chaos said:

Sure, with almost every country going billions and trillions more in debt to the banking system over the corona some serious inflation is sure to follow. More for them, less for us.......but that's a different and depressing topic so I'll shut my big fat yapper about that now. . 

Priced in gold ($1,894.20 or silver $24.06) we may see deflation in some collectibles. Time will tell.