• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When will the next unrestored Tec #27 come to auction?
6 6

1,086 posts in this topic

In a world where an Action 1 5.5 sold for $956K four year ago, and ten year ago both an Action 1 and D27 8.0 sold for north of $1M (D27 $1.075M), how can anyone be surprised that a D27 7.0 (ow) would break $1M? 

It would be shocking if it did not go north of $1M.  Really shocking.  This copy sold for $500K nine years ago.  It's a D27!

19 minutes ago, sfcityduck said:

In a world where an Action 1 5.5 sold for $956K four year ago, and ten year ago both an Action 1 and D27 8.0 sold for north of $1M (D27 $1.075M), how can anyone be surprised that a D27 7.0 (ow) would break $1M? 

It would be shocking if it did not go north of $1M.  Really shocking.  This copy sold for $500K nine years ago.  It's a D27!

I missed this one. 

With the Rockford 6.0 sitting out there for $900k and not getting scooped up,  the economy stumbling and very real inflation concerns, I didn't see allot of people throwing $1M at a comic book right now. 

45 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

Never underestimate the first appearance of The Bat 🦇!!!

Lesson learned! 

1 hour ago, sfcityduck said:

These 2 books really are head & shoulders over all else in top 6.  Would love to see it exceed top graded / pedigreed CGC Marvel Comics 1 

Edited by Chicago Boy

4 hours ago, KCOComics said:

I missed this one. 

With the Rockford 6.0 sitting out there for $900k and not getting scooped up,  the economy stumbling and very real inflation concerns, I didn't see allot of people throwing $1M at a comic book right now. 

Lesson learned! 

Savvy investors are seeking a hedge against monetary inflation, and rare blue chip collectables like Tec 27 can be good stores of value.

Edited by Northwest

17 minutes ago, Northwest said:

Savvy investors are seeking a hedge against monetary inflation, and rare blue chip collectables like Tec 27 can be good stores of value.

But apparently not so enticing to cause the Rockford to be snapped up.  

There's a lot of economic uncertainty, especially with the Presidential election.  Our economy is teetering.  Inflation does not seem a huge concern right now.  

6 minutes ago, sfcityduck said:

But apparently not so enticing to cause the Rockford to be snapped up.  

There's a lot of economic uncertainty, especially with the Presidential election.  Our economy is teetering.  Inflation does not seem a huge concern right now.  

Auctions create visibility and a competitive dynamic, which fixed price books could benefit from. While inflation is not a concern among consumers, the story is different among certain investors aware of the risks to the dollar from monetary policy. 

7 minutes ago, Northwest said:

Auctions create visibility and a competitive dynamic, which fixed price books could benefit from. While inflation is not a concern among consumers, the story is different among certain investors aware of the risks to the dollar from monetary policy. 

I don't see it.  Get back to me when the inflation hits.  

Nice pic of Crater lake.  Where are you located?

Edited by sfcityduck

6 hours ago, sfcityduck said:

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/holy-cheddar-batman-comic-featuring-220000462.html

11 hours ago, sfcityduck said:

Yes, this is the most excited I think I've ever seen the board be for a book to sell for GUIDE!

(and it was ten years ago it sold for $500K, not nine)

1 hour ago, LDarkseid1 said:

Just to recap, here are all the initial guesses before the auction started.

544951AA-6F4E-4E3A-9801-68B5BB607683.jpeg

For the record, my above post is not a guess as to price.  That's an observation on why some folks here may have been guessing less than $1M.  

4 minutes ago, sfcityduck said:

For the record, my above post is not a guess as to price.  That's an observation on why some folks here may have been guessing less than $1M.  

Yeah I felt it was an early assumption it wouldn’t break 1 million, but I accept your explanation. I think later on you might have said it could go past a million to your credit, but I was going by first comments. Granted it could still not break 1 million I guess and end where it’s at, but we’ll see.

Edited by LDarkseid1

2 minutes ago, LDarkseid1 said:

Yeah I felt it was an early assumption it wouldn’t break 1 million, but I accept your explanation. I think later on you might have said it could go past a million to your credit, but I was going by first comments. Granted it could still not break 1 million I guess and end where it’s at, but we’ll see.

You are referring to this post of mine:

Posted 19 hours ago
In a world where an Action 1 5.5 sold for $956K four year ago, and ten year ago both an Action 1 and D27 8.0 sold for north of $1M (D27 $1.075M), how can anyone be surprised that a D27 7.0 (ow) would break $1M? 

It would be shocking if it did not go north of $1M.  Really shocking.  This copy sold for $500K nine years ago.  It's a D27!

•  

4 minutes ago, sfcityduck said:

Damn those posts are wise!

Yeah your posts were saying I was wrong, and essentially this Detective Comics 27 7.0 would not sell for over a million after the 6.0 Rockford sold for roughly $730K at auction. My logic was that based off simply being a higher grade it would sell for considerably more than the 6.0, which you disagreed with.

5 minutes ago, LDarkseid1 said:

Yeah your posts were saying I was wrong, and essentially this Detective Comics 27 7.0 would not sell for over a million after the 6.0 Rockford sold for roughly $730K at auction. My logic was that based off simply being a higher grade it would sell for considerably more than the 6.0, which you disagreed with.

You are too touchy.  No, what I said is that there was a rationale that could cause posters who are more "in the know" than you or I to conclude that there was not a million dollar buyer out there right now. The pool of million dollar buyers is incredibly small.  At all times I was embracing the concept that the book could top $1M and based on past transactions I think it would be surprising if it did not.  But, I'm not "in the know" on the buying pool.  

The essence of wisdom is taking into account and factoring in valid viewpoints, even when they may seem at odds.

5 minutes ago, sfcityduck said:

You are too touchy.  No, what I said is that there was a rationale that could cause posters who are more "in the know" than you or I to conclude that there was not a million dollar buyer out there right now. The pool of million dollar buyers is incredibly small.  At all times I was embracing the concept that the book could top $1M and based on past transactions I think it would be surprising if it did not.  But, I'm not "in the know" on the buying pool.  

The essence of wisdom is taking into account and factoring in valid viewpoints, even when they may seem at odds.

You don’t have to resort to insulting me calling me “too touchy”. I was just saying what you were saying. Reading back at all our exchanges, it was blatantly clear to me you did not agree with my logic. I even was the bigger person and agreed with you that the Captain American Comics 1 was a good example. In this scenario my logic seems to be pretty sound based off how the auction is turning out.

Edited by LDarkseid1

3 minutes ago, LDarkseid1 said:

You don’t have to resort to insulting me calling me “too touchy”. I was just saying what you were saying. Reading back at all our exchanges, it was blatantly clear to me you did not agree with my logic. I even was the bigger person and agreed with you that the Captain American Comics 1 was a good example. In this scenario my logic seems to be pretty sound based off how the auction is turning out.

My apologies for saying you were getting "touchy."  But, i think you have misread my posts.  I think your view that the book will top $1M is going to be vindicated.  I don't think that's a surprising result given the D27 price history.  But, I also don't think the previously stated opinions that the buying pool may not be deep enough to support a $1M price were unreasonable.  They were a next level analysis that might have support from knowledge that is unknown to you and I. An analysis that takes into account the depth of buying pool is more sophisticated than the "look at the past prices" analysis I'm relying upon.  Elsewhere on this site, Gator has been suggesting the "depth of the pool" analysis is the best analysis for predicting the price of the Whiz 2 (my guess is far higher than his).  In any event, there's no prize or stakes or boasting rights in this "contest"  as to how much this book will sell for.   Just conversation that can make us all a bit smarter if we listen.