• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When will the next unrestored Tec #27 come to auction?
6 6

1,086 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Betty-Bates said:

You mean this book? Almost got it. Ended up with the Sup 1 as a boobie prize. The AC1 was a 7.0 slight.

20160522_204557.jpg

Resized_20160522_204759_1.jpg

7.5 slight. I should have bought it and the supes 1-100 when offered to me at 500k. Cest la vie 

5 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

7.5 slight. I should have bought it and the supes 1-100 when offered to me at 500k. Cest la vie 

Yup 7.5. Mistype ;) fixed. We can discuss who would have gotten it out of those of us who almost did at the next furry convention and unlimited spaghetti buffet! 😘😘🤣😂

27 minutes ago, Betty-Bates said:

You mean this book? Almost got it. Ended up with the Sup 1 as a boobie prize. The AC1 was a 7.5 slight

(shrug)

No clue what this is in reference to.

If you are saying David Copperfield performed some magic on it and made it go from purple 7.5 to blue 5.5, then OK.

The famous Action 9.0 started as an 8.0, so I guess everything is an illusion!

Where is tth2 and his love for the hobby quote?

16 minutes ago, DanCooper said:

(shrug)

If you are saying David Copperfield performed some magic on it and made it go from purple 7.5 to blue 5.5, then OK.

Yes, 7.5 purple to 5.5 blue. That is what I am saying but it was more likely CCS instead of Copperfield. It's not really all that magical. 💙

36 minutes ago, Betty-Bates said:

Yes, 7.5 purple to 5.5 blue. That is what I am saying but it was more likely CCS instead of Copperfield. It's not really all that magical. 💙

And the dealer that ended up with it planting the seed (which he knew to be false) that the cover had been cleaned (thus making blue not possible) was only the tip of his underhanded method to Re acquiring  

10 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

And the dealer that ended up with it planting the seed (which he knew to be false) that the cover had been cleaned (thus making blue not possible) was only the tip of his underhanded method to Re acquiring  

That seriously s&cks.

I guess this underhanded dealer shall go unnamed. otherwise . . . let’s get a rope

37 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

So basically you could have almost doubled your money and had a free Supey 1-100?  Sounds a lot better than the Bat 1 you just got me.  Dealers like this should always be outed.  And did no one caller for graders notes to check on the cover cleaning?

On 10/20/2020 at 7:22 PM, tth2 said:

It's funny how we can all see the same thing and draw completely different conclusions.  I can't believe there are as many as 6 people willing to spend more than $1m on a comic!

Absolutely true, as I simply can't believe there would be any collector in the world who's willing to spend even $50K on a comic book.  :whatthe:

And yet, believe it or not, there actually are.  :baiting:  lol

10 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Absolutely true, as I simply can't believe there would be any collector in the world who's willing to spend even $50K on a comic book.  :whatthe:

And yet, believe it or not, there actually are.  :baiting:  lol

I wonder what was the first comic to break $50K and when. I assume it was an Action 1, and I imagine it was an Action 1 that’s always broken that next barrier first. But yeah, I’m sure the $50K mark was exceeded back in the 70’s.

2 hours ago, DanCooper said:

(shrug)

Does anyone have scans of when it was an 8.0?

15 minutes ago, LDarkseid1 said:

I wonder what was the first comic to break $50K and when. I assume it was an Action 1, and I imagine it was an Action 1 that’s always broken that next barrier first. But yeah, I’m sure the $50K mark was exceeded back in the 70’s.

I believe it was a D27 in 1990 (Allentown I think) sold by Metro to the Dentist.  The highest price paid in the 1970s was $17.5K by Geppi for a MC 1.  As context, the first comic to break $1K was an Action 1 bought by Bruce Hamilton in 1973.

Edited by sfcityduck

13 minutes ago, LDarkseid1 said:

Definitely happened in the 2nd half of the 80s, not the 70s.

20 minutes ago, sfcityduck said:

I believe it was a D27 in 1990 (Allentown I think) sold by Metro to the Dentist.  The highest price paid in the 1970s was $17.5K by Geppi for a MC 1.  As context, the first comic to break $1K was an Action 1 bought by Bruce Hamilton in 1973.

Oh wow, I would have thought bigger prices would have been paid back then. Found this article where it looks like someone was selling one for a whopping $100 in 1967.

https://comiccoverage.typepad.com/comic_coverage/2008/06/dear-editor-when-action-comics-1-was-100.html

Edited by LDarkseid1

26 minutes ago, LDarkseid1 said:

Oh wow, I would have thought bigger prices would have been paid back then. Found this article where it looks like someone was selling one for a whopping $100 in 1967.

https://comiccoverage.typepad.com/comic_coverage/2008/06/dear-editor-when-action-comics-1-was-100.html

There is a lot of history on this board.  Bruce Hamilton, Theo Holstein, and this board's own Mitch Mehdy basically doubled the price of Action 1 from $1K to $2k in about a year or so.  The market making just accelerated after that.  

Edited by sfcityduck