• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When will the next unrestored Tec #27 come to auction?
6 6

1,086 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Mmehdy said:

A major milestone for a 7.0 book..look for this sale to bootstrap up all other copies especially cgc graded unrestored books..

what is your take on the possible effect on quality restored CGC copies Mitch ? hm     You're saying that this new bar could push them a tad higher as well ?

Edited by fishbone

2 hours ago, fishbone said:

what is your take on the possible effect on quality restored CGC copies Mitch ? hm     You're saying that this new bar could push them a tad higher as well ?

The greatest appreciation will be % wise with unrestored copies, after this sale a number of GA collectors who were on the edge of being about to get say 1.0 or 2.0 unrestored will be toast. That will shift or increase demand for a restored copy of Det 27 thus those prices will increase also from the collectors left in the dust from this sale. If you are a GA collector on the edge and know somebody who has a low grade #27 you should buy it NOW before the whole world finds out that a 7.0 CGC graded copy is now well over 1 million dollars, even if  sales price is 1.1 or whatever you still have to add sales tax..up to 10% and shipping which is not gonna be cheap.

Edited by Mmehdy

40 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

Do you guys think a nice looking complete coverless is at 100 k now ?  

I thought it was even before this mew record sale 😉

Good news for your DC File copy

16 minutes ago, Mmehdy said:

The greatest appreciation will be % wise with unrestored copies, after this sale a number of GA collectors who were on the edge of being about to get say 1.0 or 2.0 unrestored will be toast. That will shift or increase demand for a restored copy of Det 27 thus those prices will increase also from the collectors left in the dust from this sale. If you are a GA collector on the edge and know somebody who has a low grade #27 you should buy it NOW before the whole world finds out that a 7.0 CGC graded copy is now well over 1 million dollars, even if  sales price is 1.1 or whatever you still have to add sales tax..up to 10% and shipping which is not gonna be cheap.

I doubt the owners want to sell even with a price bump.  Usually its their children that want to sell when it’s bequeathed to them😂

55 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

Do you guys think a nice looking complete coverless is at 100 k now ?  

I have a vested interest in saying hell yea its a 100k book, but until a complete coverless is sold I don't think anyone can say with certainty.  IMHO A complete coverless is now really the last chance for a lot of buyer to ever own a complete copy of Tec 27 or Action 1. Meaning while a 100k is not chump change a lot of collectors have enough 5/10/15 & 20 SA and Golden age books to trade up with ease. Getting to 500K 1 or 1.5M is a book of another color and I suspect would be a tuff nut for even the most advanced collections assuming they could front the $$$ & are willing to purge there collection which is no easy task for most mortal men.

10 minutes ago, I am not Glenda said:

I have a vested interest in saying hell yea its a 100k book, but until a complete coverless is sold I don't think anyone can say with certainty.  IMHO A complete coverless is now really the last chance for a lot of buyer to ever own a complete copy of Tec 27 or Action 1. Meaning while a 100k is not chump change a lot of collectors have enough 5/10/15 & 20 SA and Golden age books to trade up with ease. Getting to 500K 1 or 1.5M is a book of another color and I suspect would be a tuff nut for even the most advanced collections assuming they could front the $$$ & are willing to purge there collection which is no easy task for most mortal men.

Well said, +1. No doubt many potential buyers out there that already have upwards of $100K at their disposal, and easily have books to sell to make up for whatever they would need to own a coverless complete Tec 27. I think a coverless complete Tec 27 is going to be much closer to Action 1 now. Mind you not even, but much more on par.

Edited by LDarkseid1

36 minutes ago, LDarkseid1 said:

Well said, +1. No doubt many potential buyers out there that already have upwards of $100K at their disposal, and easily have books to sell to make up for whatever they would need to own a coverless complete Tec 27. I think a coverless complete Tec 27 is going to be much closer to Action 1 now. Mind you not even, but much more on par.

The real problem with parting with a Tec 27 or Action 1 in any condition is that they are so coveted anyone considering selling their copy knows the odds of getting another one are slim to none. Both IMHO are really entirely different than any other books in our hobby including MM1 Cap 1 Whiz AF 15 or anything else you want to put on the list. 

Edited by I am not Glenda

8 minutes ago, I am not Glenda said:

The real problem with parting with a Tec 27 or Action 1 in any condition is that they are so coveted anyone considering selling their copy knows the odds of getting another one are slim to none. Both IMHO are really entirely different than any other books in our hobby including MM1 Cap 1 Whiz AF 15 or anything else you want to put on the list. 

They are the Holy grail of the hobby and transcend it. A coverless would be a cornerstone to any collection  but the most advance elite and well funded collector not named Bruce Wayne lol

1 hour ago, Mmehdy said:

This really makes no sense at all - unless the 7.0 ends up going for $2 million or more.

The 6.0 just sold for $850K vs. $613K guide (1.38x guide - probably the lowest multiple any issue from 27-38 brings),  2.0 guide is $204K, is there any chance before this sale that a 2.0 would only sell for $280K? I don't think so.

At a guide price of $988K, the expectation is the book should be worth guide, literally a million bucks or more. I don't see (at current price, or an increase of another $100-200) what impact this will have on low grade unrestored copies.

Interesting that there are 51 registered phone bidders.  I don’t usually look at stuff like that but it sounds like there may be a bunch of bidders waiting to battle it out. Then agin, they my have registered a while ago, because I don’t think any of us believe there are 50 people champing at the bit to bid and spend a million two plus.   Are there?

9 minutes ago, Aman619 said:

Interesting that there are 51 registered phone bidders.  I don’t usually look at stuff like that but it sounds like there may be a bunch of bidders waiting to battle it out. Then agin, they my have registered a while ago, because I don’t think any of us believe there are 50 people champing at the bit to bid and spend a million two plus.   Are there?

Tracking bids ?

3 hours ago, Chicago Boy said:

Unless I’m mistaken this will be the lowest graded CGC copy of any comic book  to hit 1 million dollars and with one more bid it becomes the highest price comic book that HA has ever sold. 

I have little doubt that this copy will break the $1,260,000 the Marvel #1 CGC 9.4 sold for.

That book was incredible. One of the greatest in existence.

But this is Detective Comics #27, one of the finest copies in the world.

Do not be shocked if it pushes closer to $1,400,000.

2 hours ago, Chicago Boy said:

I gotta say if a coverless complete action 1 can fetch 115k ish ( give or take ) then there is no reason that a complete coverless tec 27 has now ( or already was ) 100k. 

There are so few copies of both books, the days of being able to acquire any coverless but otherwise complete copy for under 100K will be over soon.

For the book.  Look at the screenshot posted.  

edit.  Ok I looked again and the registered phone bidders was on the auction page and not the Tec 27.  Since I was amazed that so many multi millionaires are suddenly interested in buying a comic, I’m relieved that’s it’s not true.  Just doesn’t make sense.  

Edited by Aman619

4 hours ago, Wayne-Tec said:

I have little doubt that this copy will break the $1,260,000 the Marvel #1 CGC 9.4 sold for.

That book was incredible. One of the greatest in existence.

But this is Detective Comics #27, one of the finest copies in the world.

Do not be shocked if it pushes closer to $1,400,000.

It's just so cool to watch, if the bids stop at the current listed price would anyone be disappointed? It's a hell of a lot of money at the current bid imho.

8 hours ago, Chicago Boy said:

I gotta say if a coverless complete action 1 can fetch 115k ish ( give or take ) then there is no reason that a complete coverless tec 27 has now ( or already was ) 100k. 

Been saying and thinking that all along. 

If a single page can  sell almost for 30k... in Auction! 

Fun times to see all these new milestone

Looking forward to see if the grand finale of The TEC 27 7.0