• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When will the next unrestored Tec #27 come to auction?
6 6

1,086 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Mmehdy said:
2 hours ago, Chicago Boy said:

Yes they will. Will they include sales tax in their final # ? 

NO and does not include shipping costs either, can you guess what that would be? cheaper to fly someone to pick it up....

Well, if it's brought by a foreigner living outside the U.S.A, they would be able to avoid the sales tax, but just imagine the hefty Customs duties which would then most likely have to be paid by the buyer of the book as it goes across the border.  :mad:  :censored:

12 minutes ago, Mmehdy said:

Even with a sales price say 1.2M with 8% sales tax it would be around 100k..it just goes up from there....dont get me wrong, it is a solid book, but it appears maybe some new speculators have entered the market.....

New blood 🩸 

On 11/13/2020 at 1:52 PM, I am not Glenda said:
On 11/13/2020 at 9:54 AM, lou_fine said:

Well, that's definitely very interesting then since it would seem that the $95K private sale was based primarily upon the then just completed $90K HA public sale.  hm

Did the buyer not realized that the price for copies of CGC 9.8 TMNT 1 were selling only in the mid to high $30K's prior to that HA $90K sale.  Has anybody ever consider the possibility that the high profile $90K sale was done just in order to jump start and light a fire in the TMNT 1 market which it certainly did as prices on CGC 9.8 graded copies moved into the $50K plus range for the next few sales after that.  Especially when that exact same $90K HA copy was then resold for $59K several short months after that in an non-auction format sale.  :devil:

I have no idea, what the buyer was using as a guide, I do know know the book was stunning and did have both signatures on the inside and a sketch ( not a yellow label). I assume the sale was based on the HA sale but the last time I talked to the buyer ( over the summer) they were still very happy with the purchase ( with not giving to much info as its was not my purchase) I know a lot of the funds came from multiple sales of high grade  9.8 ASM #300 which the buyer had bought new back in the 1980s and never touched. 

Well, it would appear that the private buyer at $95K might not have the best sense of timing since the book had been selling only the mid to high $30K's prior to that rather dubious and nowhere close to being repeated again in terms of the $90K Heritage auction result.  (shrug)

Even doubly so if he funded a portion of the purchase with sales of CGC 9.8 graded copies of Spidey 300 at the time when it was selling for nowhere close to the $5K figures which it apparently is selling for in today's hyer crazy market for this rather common CA book.  hm  :whatthe:  :screwy:

11 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

Just saw that. It passed the MC 1 !   There’s the Big 2 and everyone else. .....

I think its more like the big 3...a very high grade superman #1 8.0 or above would be waaayyy up there.. due to its being difficultly to find above 5.0...

Edited by Mmehdy

2 hours ago, Mmehdy said:

...This sale ALREADY is a game changer...the million dollar club was held exclusive to high graded 8.0 and mostly 9.0 copies..this is a significant price barrier BOTH in exceeding the prior price for  a Det 27 under 9.0 GA book over 1 million as well as being a full grade lower. Let us not forget, that sales tax is now being charged as well....i expect the next low grade Det 27 to shatter price records significantly 

A book selling for Guide is not a game changer, it remains to be seen if the final price is a game changer or not.

And NO one that purchases this book is paying sales tax, as Gator already explained.

3 minutes ago, Crowzilla said:

A book selling for Guide is not a game changer, it remains to be seen if the final price is a game changer or not.

And NO one that purchases this book is paying sales tax, as Gator already explained.

I thought guide on this was like $980K? 

40 minutes ago, Crowzilla said:

I guess we all have our own point of view but tax or no tax the book is having a very strong showing & imho will impact future sales regardless of where it ends at this point it validates just how strong interest is.

Edited by I am not Glenda

19 minutes ago, Mmehdy said:

I think its more like the big 3...a very high grade superman #1 8.0 or above would be waaayyy up there.. due to its being difficultly to find above 5.0...

Indeed but MC1 has 30 unrestored(63) copies at CGC  vs  65 unrestored(158) also many copies at cbcs and even pgx.

The recorde prices in high Grade Supes 1 helped pushed the the lower grades about 10 years ago and kept going for 8 years.  MC1 was even a top of the overstreet ranking for a few years.  I see the lower grade unrestored copies bringing the higher ones up.  

But yes so rare over 5.0 for Supes 1 👌

So many restored and low grades though...

8 minutes ago, twmjr1 said:

No one is ever getting a complete copy of Tec 27 or Action 1 for less than $300,000 from now on IMO. Restored, low grade, whatever. In a decade that number will probably be at least $500,000.

Alas i think you are right the last Ac1 on auction at CC  9.4 ext with married CF  285k....

34 minutes ago, Crowzilla said:

I do not know nor do you know the real ID of the buyer, dealer, speculator or whatever..to say "NO" one will pay sales tax just does not have a real basis of fact. 

45 minutes ago, Mmehdy said:

WOW.....

A Tec 27 cgc 8.0 way back in 2010 apparently went for 1,1 M. Since then Tec 27 has seen a huge spike over the years. How does that compute with a 7.0 copy available in 2020 currently at 1,3 pre auction? I wonder if we are seeing a new price level emerging?

42 minutes ago, Crowzilla said:

" a book selling for guide is not a game changer"....This has already changed the game of perception of value on this board...in this GA  form...it is a done deal, when this sale is finished, the whole world's perception is gonna change and the value is going up especially if the  news media gets hold of it...the  gravity  of evolution price of Det #27 cannot be stopped by wishful thinking....

1 minute ago, Mmehdy said:

" a book selling for guide is not a game changer"....This has already changed the game of perception of value on this board...in this GA  form...it is a done deal, when this sale is finished, the whole world's perception is gonna change and the value is going up especially if the  news media gets hold of it...the  gravity  of evolution price of Det #27 cannot be stopped by wishful thinking....

Anything at 1.5million for a 7.0   will get news coverage for sure. 

Like i said  way before the auction started. This book will surprise us over 1 million ++

7 minutes ago, Mr bla bla said:

A Tec 27 cgc 8.0 way back in 2010 apparently went for 1,1 M. Since then Tec 27 has seen a huge spike over the years. How does that compute with a 7.0 copy available in 2020 currently at 1,3 pre auction? I wonder if we are seeing a new price level emerging?

After this sale, this will elevate the 8.0 into possibly the 2 million dollar level....this is just the beginning ...it it not just limited to GA/SA comic books, the high end market for Pokenman cards has exploded...just look at that bid of $280K for a box of the cards in the same auction...this is not a one and done type sale...this is market upswing on a very few speculator type super keys....its here now.

Edited by Mmehdy