• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When will the next unrestored Tec #27 come to auction?
6 6

1,086 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Mmehdy said:

After this sale, this will elevate the 8.0 into possibly the 2 million dollar level....this is just the beginning ...it it not just limited to GA/SA comic books, the high end market for Pokenman cards has exploded...just look at that bid of $280K for a box of the cards in the same auction...this is not a one and done type sale...this is market upswing on a very few speculator type super keys....its here now.

Exactly! Thats why i said it will surprise us. Collectibles are on fire since we al’ know the whole world needs to print money and it devaluates all currencies. 

TEC  27 and AC1 transcend the hobby !

1 hour ago, Mmehdy said:

I think its more like the big 3...a very high grade superman #1 8.0 or above would be waaayyy up there.. due to its being difficultly to find above 5.0...

Man, I wouldn’t be interested in a Supes 1 if it was graded at a 11.0.  Not a fan outside the front and back cover 

1 minute ago, Chicago Boy said:

Man, I wouldn’t be interested in a Supes 1 if it was graded at a 11.0.  Not a fan outside the front and back cover 

Love the cover...But ac 7-10-13 all cane before Supes 1 and have great covers also. more scarce.

Ac1 Tec27

MC1

Bats 1  Joker baby!.. And Catwoman

Cap1 

Supes 1 (Reprinted stories)  

"I’ve been thinking about this, Mr. Hand. If I’m here and you’re here, doesn’t that make it our time?  

I don't know about anyone else but this auction has been a lot of fun! In a time when there is so much not going right it's cool to see all the attention this sale is getting on the boards. It feels like we all have a vested interest in the final hammer.

Edited by I am not Glenda

11 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

the two page origin story is classic...I think anything  7.0 is right up there with those numbers..especially 8.0 or above.

Edited by Mmehdy

16 minutes ago, zen514 said:

Love the cover...But ac 7-10-13 all cane before Supes 1 and have great covers also. more scarce.

Ac1 Tec27

MC1

Bats 1  Joker baby!.. And Catwoman

Cap1 

Supes 1 (Reprinted stories)  

AC 1/TEC 27

BAT 1 Yep Joker baby! and badass cover!

CAP 1 Hitler, Kirby badass cover!

SUPES 1 cover again!

MC1 ( big deal it's the first Marvel, just not a fan, intro of 2nd string character, pulpish cover, I would take the highest AF 15 over a MC 1)

Edited by I am not Glenda

1 minute ago, I am not Glenda said:

AC 1/TEC 27

BAT 1 Yep Joker baby! and kick cover

CAP 1

SUPES 1

MC1 ( big deal it's the first Marvel, just not a fan, intro of 2nd string character, pulpish cover, I would take the highest AF 15 over a MC 1)

AC1

Tec #27

Superman 1

Bat 1

Cap 1

MC 1

1 hour ago, Mmehdy said:

After this sale, this will elevate the 8.0 into possibly the 2 million dollar level....

Well if the 7.0 has doubled since 2010, I think it would only be natural that the higher graded copy that also last sold in 2010 has doubled too.

Is there anyone who thought the 2nd highest graded Tec 27, wasn't a $2 million book before this 7.0 sale?

8 minutes ago, Crowzilla said:

Well if the 7.0 has doubled since 2010, I think it would only be natural that the higher graded copy that also last sold in 2010 has doubled too.

Is there anyone who thought the 2nd highest graded Tec 27, wasn't a $2 million book before this 7.0 sale?

No.

16 minutes ago, Crowzilla said:

prior to the sale, I do not think so either...2 Mil is a major price point...after sale..it will

18 minutes ago, zen514 said:

If a 7.0 comes around it will surpass tec 27 imo

I think Tec 27 is making some nice strides to reach Action 1, but I agree it’s still in a league of its own. Atleast in the higher grades. Lest we not forget that Action 1 5.5 copy sold for $950K at no reserve auction 4 years ago while a gorgeous pedigree 6.0 Tec 27 reluctantly finds a buyer for $850K. At auction potentially/likely sells for somewhat less. Don’t get me wrong though, this 7.0 is an impressive sale, and maybe not finished yet. And before anyone mentions the 8.5 that sold in 2018 for just over 2 mil, that book had a history. I believe the previously graded version referenced rusted staples or something to that degree, which was not represented on the new label. So I wouldn’t be surprised if that affected the sale some.

Edited by LDarkseid1

2 minutes ago, LDarkseid1 said:

I think Tec 27 is making some nice strides to reach Action 1, but I agree it’s still in a league of its own. Atleast in the higher grades. Lest we not forget the last Action 1, a general 5.5 copy sold for $950K at no reserve auction while a gorgeous pedigree 6.0 Tec 27 reluctantly finds a buyer for $850K. At auction potentially/likely sells for somewhat less. Don’t get me wrong though, this 7.0 is an impressive sale, and maybe not finished yet.

Exactly. The ac1 5.5 950k  2016!! Most books went up alot during this time

Edited by zen514

1 hour ago, Crowzilla said:

no

judging by these offers

image.png.2e11c3e8152d73ae171bb82567f3a295.png

Edited by Gotham Kid