• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When will the next unrestored Tec #27 come to auction?
6 6

1,086 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, woowoo said:

On 2/26/2020 at 2:27 AM, lou_fine said:
  On 2/10/2020 at 8:35 PM, Gotham Kid said:

last time Rockford copy was offered was in 2018

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/748653

8 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

9 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:
  On ‎2‎/‎25‎/‎2020 at 5:27 PM, lou_fine said:
  On 2/10/2020 at 8:35 PM, Gotham Kid said:

last time Rockford copy was offered was in 2018

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/748653

I was just repeating what @lou_fine said :devil: Really Peter No one wants to read from page 1 :preach:

2 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

Wow. $450k. That is a reasonable price, truly. This looks like a coronavirus fire sale. I don’t like how dark that paper looks under that chip(it might tend to drive my OCD a bit crazy), but If this had been around 6 mos ago, it would have tormented my dreams. Still will, probably 

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost

8 hours ago, Chicago Boy said:

How is this not gobbled up at this price. I know economic uncertainty but still - what a price 

Yeah, that does seem like an amazing deal. I'm guessing someone needs some relatively quick cash, but I will be interested to see how quickly it sells. 

what do you guys think normal FMV is?  550?   450 seems like a deal but not a crazy deal.   But I don't know the market for the book very well.

1 hour ago, Bronty said:

what do you guys think normal FMV is?  550?   450 seems like a deal but not a crazy deal.   But I don't know the market for the book very well.

I’d say 500- $600 k asking is not unreasonable. This shows how soft the comic market is right now and the pool of buyers for a mid 6 figure book.  Steal but no one shelling out that type of cash. 

1 hour ago, Primetime said:

That’s the copy that was posted on IG a week ago. The new owner seemed happy to newly acquire it. I guess it’s for sale already?

I was about to post the same thing.  I was impressed that he sourced this copy from the wild as I don't recall seeing it since it sold on Heritage many years ago.  I assume either he got an even sweeter deal on it and is hoping for a quick flip or he spent more than he should've spent and is trying to get his money out.  

42 minutes ago, dem1138 said:

I was about to post the same thing.  I was impressed that he sourced this copy from the wild as I don't recall seeing it since it sold on Heritage many years ago.  I assume either he got an even sweeter deal on it and is hoping for a quick flip or he spent more than he should've spent and is trying to get his money out.  

Agreed, or the CV-19 craze hit his wallet/job/stocks too hard in the last few days that made the timing of this big pick up not so good. Hope it all works out for the seller.