• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Men’s Adventure Mags
11 11

1,048 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Flex Mentallo said:

The Napa Collection is an uncirculated near mint collection of Men’s Adventure, pin-up, and Men’s Magazines from the 50s, 60s and 70s. This is a single owner collection of glossy unread copies that were bought off the newsstand and never in circulation. The original owner hid them from his wife in a secret room, discovered only after his death. I bought a fair number of these. At one time I had hundreds of these mags, but a few years back decided to downscale my collection to the hundred or so favorite covers.

Here are the Napa books I still have.

Action For Men July 1964.JPG

Good Lord, Flex!  What an amazing showing!!  Many of the books that you posted have been grails I’ve been searching for.  So awesome!! :applause:

Believe it or not, it was after I saw you post a few of these (with interiors) in the golden age forum 12-13 years ago, that I got interested in these crazy things! :foryou:

1 hour ago, Flex Mentallo said:

Men Today Aug 1963.jpg

Wow!!!

Thanks for posting all of these great covers. I think I only have about 12-15 of the ones you posted so it’s awesome to see them here.

This book is from the high grade Ohio collection. I don’t have any Napa books so I’m curious how they compare with the Ohio books condition wise?

54 minutes ago, lbcolefan said:

Wow!!!

Thanks for posting all of these great covers. I think I only have about 12-15 of the ones you posted so it’s awesome to see them here.

This book is from the high grade Ohio collection. I don’t have any Napa books so I’m curious how they compare with the Ohio books condition wise?

Some of the Napa books have minor rat chew or dings, but in terms of eye appeal they would be the Edgar Church of magazines. I will check properly though to see how they compare - I have a couple of these Ohios. [The mad scientist/gorilla cover is one.]