• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Highest grade Archie # 1 CBCS 9.2 value
1 1

83 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, intlnews said:

I had an online scan when I sent it for an appraisal.  Yea, I have them all online.  My bank has a climate controlled vault, so due to the values, I moved all my valuable comics to the CC vault.  The insurance premiums were just too high.

https://ibb.co/9r6P0v5
https://ibb.co/BjKXy99

That is an IGB copy

5 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

and will those be for sale as well ? also restored ?

All restored, Batman is the third highest grade. Superman is only a 7 though.  DC #1 is a 5.5.  Heritage says the Batman, Archie and DC # 1 are really nice and could grade higher. Since they screwed me on an auction in the Summer, they've been X'd from any comic sales. Talking to Metropolis and Comic Link.

23 minutes ago, intlnews said:

All restored, Batman is the third highest grade. Superman is only a 7 though.

CBCS or CGC graded ?

If you can link scans that would be awesome

Can't tell you much on the Archie1. Don't really follow that market but guessing would sell for the whereabouts of a 2.0 Universal copy.

Edited by Gotham Kid

Just now, Gotham Kid said:

CBCS or CGC graded ?

If you can link scans that would be awesome

Can't tell you much on the Archie1. Don't really follow that market but guessing would sell for the whereabouts of a 3.0 Universal copy.

CGC.  Only bought the CBCS Archie as it's the highest grade and it's always been a key for me.

7 minutes ago, intlnews said:
8 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

That is an IGB copy

IGB?

The Meyers.

Husband and wife duo that are pro comic book restorers but they go overboard. Restoration on steroids. They've produced Superman1 and Batman1 in 9.6 and many others, Marvel super keys in 9.8 etc.

Edited by Gotham Kid

1 minute ago, intlnews said:

I do not see how. ComicLink figures it can bring between 55k - 72k.

No offense meant to you,that's just a name some have given that companies projects here due to the high level of changes and restoration they do for some books.I believe they and cgc were in some legislation as well.

Here's an IGB Superman1

https://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=851703

Superman 1 trumps Archie1 any day, every day.

And the current bid isn't anywhere close to what ComicLink is telling you'd get for your Archie1

Edited by Gotham Kid