• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Highest grade Archie # 1 CBCS 9.2 value
1 1

83 posts in this topic

Has the fact that CGC WONT grade IGB resto books changed?  Not sure what was done to your book but attempting to remove the resto may leave you with a pile of dust. Have no way to value it but I know (as someone who would like to own an Archie 1) that it holds little value to me. 

2 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:
  Hide contents

79122259_864713957281596_21198173198100779415410_526799127916481_780914939488370

Spoiled to not extra distract-sorry OP-from Finland,a Swiss set.

Everything ELVIS is good for public consumption. So to hell with keeping your post spoiled lol

Edited by Gotham Kid

30 minutes ago, ThothAmon said:

Has the fact that CGC WONT grade IGB resto books changed?  Not sure what was done to your book but attempting to remove the resto may leave you with a pile of dust. Have no way to value it but I know (as someone who would like to own an Archie 1) that it holds little value to me. 

No doubt. I wasn't selling, just trying to gauge a value to update.  I already two independent appraisals on the collection, one from Heritage, on from an appraisal company in Manhattan.  Heritage, Metro or Comic Link didn't see an issue with the Archie restore and gave me estimates on the sales for the collection.  Archie 1 will always hold a place in my heart for me.  I guess similarly to Elvis to Gotham Kid.  Messed up to compare the card to any of my comics.  Its all good though.

6 minutes ago, intlnews said:

Messed up to compare the card to any of my comics.  Its all good though.

All in good humor mate. (thumbsu

On a serious note, your Bats1 and Supes1 would do well, especially since they aren't extensively restored.

I have said all I have to say on the Archie1

Edited by Gotham Kid

30 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

I can hook you up with a Universal copy of Archie 1 CGC 3.0 if you're ever interested. Not me but I know a seller that should have a couple copies.

Where were you in 2013 when I bought this one? If it's fair priced, I'd be interested. I'd then unload this one if I had one of those.

5 minutes ago, intlnews said:

Where were you in 2013 when I bought this one? If it's fair priced, I'd be interested. I'd then unload this one if I had one of those.

Both were listed at 30K but I am sure they'd take 25K

4 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:
10 minutes ago, intlnews said:

Both were listed at 30K but I am sure they'd take 25K

By the looks of things, if they expect to sell then they better come down even lower.

https://comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAUCTIONS%2FSEARCH.ASP%3Fwhere%3Dsell%26title%3DArchie%26ItemType%3DCB%26CGC%3D%23Item_1364070&id=1364070&itemType=0

13 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

I drew a lot of bricks when I said it earlier, but I still think prices were a bit down in that auction. Sure, there were a few flashes of activity, but not on the books I follow most

34 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

Wow, I wish I'd noticed that. I would be in the market for that grade and that price. :takeit:

Edited by Badger

1 hour ago, pemart1966 said:
4 hours ago, intlnews said:

It's in a climate controlled vault along with my Superman, Batman and DC 1 comics.

So if something happens at the bank and your books are "lost" you don't have any photos?

If books go missing from a safe deposit box/bank vault, you can basically kiss them goodbye.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/19/business/safe-deposit-box-theft.html

24 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

If books go missing from a safe deposit box/bank vault, you can basically kiss them goodbye.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/19/business/safe-deposit-box-theft.html

I have a bank vault safe policy. Insurance at my house is over 4k a year. The premium rates are crazy, and I've never had an insurance claim ever.

1 hour ago, pemart1966 said:

So if something happens at the bank and your books are "lost" you don't have any photos?

I have them on a USB drive. Along with the appraisals. 

Edited by intlnews