• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Highest grade Archie # 1 CBCS 9.2 value
1 1

83 posts in this topic

27 minutes ago, TT44ly said:

You're right, Chuck is an angel compared to Doug.

You should, Doug is one of tbe biggest scumbags in the comic hobby. He literally stole money from old ladies he was attorney for to buy his comic collection.

Sucks, but no one is perfect. I am sure you've not been a perfect angel your whole life (nor have I). As for comics, he's fine. I hate all lawyers anyway. He no longer a lawyer, and I got some amazing deals from him during the crash.

9 minutes ago, William-James88 said:

Thanks for responding and yeah, I can absolutely understand how that happened. It's really dumb on their behalf to have sold it that way, not only did they shoot themselves in the foot but they also destroyed what could have been a very fruitful partnership with you. 

You could always file a complaint here as others with similar stories have:
https://www.bbb.org/us/tx/dallas/profile/auctioneer/heritage-auctions-0875-23003944/complaints

Congrats on your spider-man collection by the way, cool stuff!

I've done BBB complaints before, they never resolve. Heritage is so big, it really doesn't matter to them. Back in the 90's and 20's they gave a . Now, they couldn't care less. I speak with my legs and walk away. If more people walk away from them, they will change for the better. However, I do not see that happening anytime soon.

5 hours ago, TT44ly said:

Birds of a feather flock together I guess.

No, not at all. People make mistakes in life. Maybe he learned his lesson? It wasn't good what he did, but we all do really stupid and greedy things in different times in life. I am not condoning what he did, I was just talking about the comic aspect. I tried to load the link to learn more, but the story is no longer there.