• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC 9.8 Eternals #13...$2950

16 posts in this topic

On 12/9/2019 at 8:19 AM, letsgrumble said:

This is the 4th-highest sale for a CGC 9.8 this year. There was a $4,150 sale for that book!

Well, considering the fact that there's already 27 copies of this book graded in the same CGC 9.8 equivalent condition, this sounds like a totally insane amount of money to be payoing for this otherwise relatively common book.  :screwy:

Especially when the census population starts to explode on this book as uber HG holders eventually gets around to having their copies graded and slabbed once they see the ridiculous prices which some speculators are willing to pay for this non-key mid-run common BA book.  :tonofbricks:  :cry:

Edited by lou_fine

On 12/26/2019 at 3:05 PM, lou_fine said:

Well, considering the fact that there's already 27 copies of this book graded in the same CGC 9.8 equivalent condition, this sounds like a totally insane amount of money to be payoing for this otherwise relatively common book.  :screwy:

GPA shows a $69 sale this month for a 9.8 

Hope the buyer of the copy above doesn't see that.

EDIT: Never mind. I didn't notice #13- I saw #1

Edited by MR SigS

4 hours ago, MR SigS said:
On 12/26/2019 at 3:05 PM, lou_fine said:

GPA shows a $69 sale this month for a 9.8 

Hope the buyer of the copy above doesn't see that.

Well, that definitely seems like a much more reasonable price for what is basically a non-key mid-run issue of a title that has come out of the quarter box only because of short term speculative movie hype.  (thumbsu

Any idea where and when this sale for $69 took place as it sure seems to currently be as much of an outlier the other way as the sale for $4,150?  :whatthe:  :whatthe:

If it was for my personal collection, I still can't see myself spending that kind of money for this BA book.  For a equivalent graded copy of Eternals 1 or 3?  hm (shrug)

Now, if I have a 100% guaranteed locked in sucker lucky :screwy: buyer at 4-figures that I could flip the book to, that would be a completely different story then.  :takeit:

Edited by lou_fine

11 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Well, that definitely seems like a much more reasonable price for what is basically a non-key mid-run issue of a title that has come out of the quarter box only because of short term speculative movie hype.  (thumbsu

Any idea where and when this sale for $69 took place as it sure seems to currently be as much of an outlier the other way as the sale for $4,150?  :whatthe:  :whatthe:

If it was for my personal collection, I still can't see myself spending that kind of money for this BA book.  For a equivalent graded copy of Eternals 1 or 3?  hm (shrug)

Now, if I have a 100% guaranteed locked in sucker lucky :screwy: buyer at 4-figures that I could flip the book to, that would be a completely different story then.  :takeit:

Actually I'm mistaken- I saw Eternals #1 not #13. 

But there was a $69 Dec 2019 sale for a 9.8 #1.

On 12/29/2019 at 11:08 AM, MR SigS said:

Actually I'm mistaken- I saw Eternals #1 not #13. 

But there was a $69 Dec 2019 sale for a 9.8 #1.

Where was this? It's not in GPA and I'm having a hard time believing that a book that sells for $800 and up with dozens of sales sold for less than 10% of market value. Sure it wasn't the second series?

1 hour ago, LordRahl said:

Where was this? It's not in GPA and I'm having a hard time believing that a book that sells for $800 and up with dozens of sales sold for less than 10% of market value. Sure it wasn't the second series?

I don't think it was since I was seeing values of over $1000. Might have been a glitch I've been reading about. I don't see it now either. 

2 hours ago, MR SigS said:

I don't think it was since I was seeing values of over $1000. Might have been a glitch I've been reading about. I don't see it now either. 

That $69 sale is now listed for the second series. Likely what happened is they mistakenly had it under the first series and someone pointed out the error and they fixed it. I've emailed them about these exact same type of errors I've seen before, they do rely on their customer base a bit to fix these mislistings when they happen.