• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Key comic missing top staple
1 1

29 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, oldrover said:

I wouldn’t worry that much about it... as you said, it’s still a blue label. And when I say a little less, I think it’ll sell in the lower range of what other similarly graded FF48’s go for. 

Any idea what grade it might get from CGC?

If you are stuck with the book, don’t worry about it.  If you don’t like it, auction it off on eBay as a raw. You probably get close to what it’s worth without the “defect”. Then buy another copy you like better. The notation that they’ll put on the CGC label will be more annoying than the missing staple itself.  I wouldn’t slab it whether you end up keeping it or not.

Edited by Heronext

14 hours ago, migmtl76 said:

Thanks for your opinion. May I ask what grade and page color would you give it? 5.0 Cream to Off White ? 

You're welcome. 

Is that a stain on the bottom of the spine or just a trick of the light? That will certainly make a difference...

2 hours ago, The Lions Den said:

You're welcome. 

Is that a stain on the bottom of the spine or just a trick of the light? That will certainly make a difference...

Trick of the light. The top of the cover has some chipping

19 minutes ago, migmtl76 said:

Trick of the light. The top of the cover has some chipping

From what I can tell, it still has a decent look to it. I could see 5.5 on this. Tough to say the page quality, but either Cream to Off-White or Off-White seem OK...

Edited by The Lions Den