• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

.5 to Qualified - worth sending in for change?

12 posts in this topic

I'm gathering up books for a submission (probably January), and am on the fence about one book. It's in a .5 slab due to a missing centerfold, and looks like it would probably be a 3.0 if given a green qualified label, mainly due to a detached cover. It's a four figure (even incomplete) classic cover book, and scarce enough that waiting for a cf to marry isn't very feasible. It's also one of those books where the value is all in the cover anyway. 

So the question to you all in terms of selling such a book. What would you do? Leave in the .5 slab, resub for a CGC qualified label, or sell raw with a qualified grade? 

49 minutes ago, oldrover said:

Is there a reason you’re keeping the book’s identity a secret? 

No, I initially was thinking the book itself wasn't that important, as it the question could be applied to any number of books missing a centerfold, but here it iss.

dynamic008.thumb.jpg.7d8348ce1fb068a22967871397978b3d.jpg

I think the .5 would sell for lower than the 3.0 green. 

A while back I came across two ASM20’s in my stash, both with pieces cut out inside, low-mid graders. I sent them in, one came back a blue .5 and the other a green 3.5. I cracked the blue, and sold it raw as VG-. The green sold for a little more than the raw. 

1 minute ago, Krismusic said:

personally green with missing pages or missing MVS I tend to stay away from and I usually like all books lol 

I remember when I first went on the hunt for a Thanos 13, and someone had a MVS missing one with an argument, a 9.8 is a 9.8.

No it is not!