• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man 252 9.8 with ticks?
2 2

128 posts in this topic

43 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Mr. Magoo might.

I bet you can't tell the difference between another 9.8 and this comic book from 5 feet away. That's how silly buying the label is.

If you are far enough they all look the same. The point of a fine grading scale is to be picky about fine details.

Just now, theCapraAegagrus said:

Are you insinuating that someone has a 5-figure sonic-welding bench that they're using to re-seal CGC cases after cracking and switching comics?

What are they using to crack the tamper-evident cases without leaving evidence...?

My apologies I have never cracked open a CGC case before, or attempted to reseal one.

But if I were going to do it, I would hope that is what it looked like.

Having said that, I would never crack open a CGC case and or try and reseal it.

Are you saying it is a bad grade? And that is how CGC graded the book?

Just now, Hollywood1892 said:

My apologies I have never cracked open a CGC case before, or attempted to reseal one.

Have you seen one that has been? Why would you suggest that this has been cracked-and-resealed never having seen an example?

It would be evident if this case has been tampered with.

There is no such thing as a "bad grade". Having said that, I personally don't think that this is a 9.8 comic book. I wouldn't buy it at a 9.8 price, and I wouldn't buy it if I was hellbent on having a 9.8 comic book.

4 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

What did you base your opinion on then?

6 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Have you seen one that has been? Why would you suggest that this has been cracked-and-resealed never having seen an example?

It would be evident if this case has been tampered with.

There is no such thing as a "bad grade". Having said that, I personally don't think that this is a 9.8 comic book. I wouldn't buy it at a 9.8 price, and I wouldn't buy it if I was hellbent on having a 9.8 comic book.

There is a such thing as a bad grade, otherwise grading has zero meaning or value. It is possible for errors to happen.

Edited by eastcoaster

Just now, eastcoaster said:

There is a such thing as a bad grade, otherwise grading has zero meaning or value.

No, there isn't. Grades are subjective approximate condition numbers. They ultimately mean nothing other than, "it appears to be XX% original manufactured condition".

The number that CGC gives a book is ultimately of no value. The only thing that it "means" is that CGC think it's in a certain condition. "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

Anyone is free to disagree with any grade CGC assigns a book. There's nothing wrong with that. There's also nothing wrong with agreeing with every CGC grade.

Just now, theCapraAegagrus said:

No, there isn't. Grades are subjective approximate condition numbers. They ultimately mean nothing other than, "it appears to be XX% original manufactured condition".

The number that CGC gives a book is ultimately of no value. The only thing that it "means" is that CGC think it's in a certain condition. "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

Anyone is free to disagree with any grade CGC assigns a book. There's nothing wrong with that. There's also nothing wrong with agreeing with every CGC grade.

This