• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spider-Man 252 9.8 with ticks?
2 2

128 posts in this topic

Just now, eastcoaster said:

Lol, the whole basis of value of a grading company is to provide a meaningful grade that accurately describes the books condition, based on their own standards. When their opinion clearly counters all their own past examples, something is wrong, and the value of the opinions is damaged. Seems pretty basic to me.

One 9.8 graded comic another 9.8 graded comic.

You clearly don't understand grading, why CGC exists, and are unwilling to accept what everyone is telling you.

5 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

One 9.8 graded comic another 9.8 graded comic.

You clearly don't understand grading, why CGC exists, and are unwilling to accept what everyone is telling you.

No I just don't accept what you're saying. I fully accept what the other people said about it falling below the established standard of a CGC 9.8 and being mislabeled or misgraded.

Edited by eastcoaster

Just now, eastcoaster said:

No I just don't accept what you're saying. I fully accept what the other people said about it falling fall below the standard of a CGC 9.8 and being mislabeled or misgraded.

What I'm telling you is the truth - regardless of your ability to "accept" it. 1 piece of anecdotal evidence may reinforce your delusion - but everything I've told you is factual.

There are no "universal" anythings in subjectivity.

On 12/15/2019 at 9:17 AM, Mercury Man said:

Amen.   That is why I still haven't submitted anything to CGC since the 1990's.    I realized I have eyes.   I use them just like any other CGC grader. 

I thought CGC started up in 2000?

On 12/17/2019 at 11:21 AM, Krismusic said:

I thought CGC started up in 2000?

You are probably right.  I live close to ground zero, and they were at a small show in Tampa at the time.  Probably was about 2000.  I submitted like 4 books.   I tried them out.  2 came back with grades, and 2 came back with no encasing, no grades, no explanation.  I wound up sending them an email, inquiring why 2 out of 4 books were graded.  They told me to send the other two back, and they graded them.  Sounds like saner times have prevailed.