• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Eternals Vs New Gods

34 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, herc2000 said:

I prefer New Gods to Eternals.

I prefer Thanos to Darkseid and I would also say that The Joker is DC's greatest villain and not Darkseid.

I'll reiterate: Darkseid is DC's "greatest villain" in power and scope.

The Joker isn't a threat to Superman, who is DC's "greatest" hero.

1 hour ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

I agree!

The scope of Jokers villainy is pretty much Gotham city.

Darkseid from my understanding is a menace throughout the DC Universe as is Thanos in Marvel.

I think it would be safe to say, despite the historical significance of villains ie Green Goblin, Joker, Kingpin. the more a villain branches out and spreads his web of villainy over the universe, the greater the threat the villain is. Just my opinion.

Also regarding the question, I'm excited to see Eternals in theaters. I don't know much if anything about New Gods.

Edited by BaronSamedi

I read the eternals series from Kirby is the New Gods the modern version of the Eternals series as in is it about the Celestials? Should I read the New Gods series.

4 hours ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

In power and scope, obviously Joker is nothing compared to Darkseid, but in terms of stories and popularity.

As for Power though, I thought Anti Monitor was more powerful than Darkseid and didn't Darkseid get beaten by Doomsday on a few occasions?

10 minutes ago, herc2000 said:

In power and scope, obviously Joker is nothing compared to Darkseid, but in terms of stories and popularity.

As for Power though, I thought Anti Monitor was more powerful than Darkseid and didn't Darkseid get beaten by Doomsday on a few occasions?

Technically, yes. The Anti-Monitor is kinda like Death, though. Physical embodiment of the Anti-Life Equation.

Darkseid was defeated by Doomsday once. Not sure about "a few occasions". Darkseid beats his @$$ 9/10 times, though, probably.

21 hours ago, Krismusic said:

Should I read the New Gods series.

Yes. It's Jack Kirby brilliance.

As is The Eternals.

Edited by Ken Aldred