• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Spider-Man #252!!
1 1

17 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, PunisherPunisherPunisher said:

He is asking about the scrap at the bottom of the page, don't think he noticed the spine ticks 

I noticed the ticks, I was just concerned about how the scrap would affect the grade. Supposedly the book also has some slight spine roll, although it isn't very visible from the pics I've seen.

1 minute ago, obiedagod said:

I noticed the ticks, I was just concerned about how the scrap would affect the grade. Supposedly the book also has some slight spine roll, although it isn't very visible from the pics I've seen.

Ticks would affect the grade too, looking at a nice 8.5 to 9.0 still 2c

14 hours ago, obiedagod said:

VF to NM, as long as the price is good. The price is fairly decent on this one, so I wanted to make sure everything was okay with it.

I personally would pass because of the rip in the UPC but if you don't care and the price is right have at it! It will be hard to sell unless you find a like-minded buyer.

What was your primary reason for purchasing this book? 

If your intention is to sell at some point in the future, will you advertise this as a 9.8 book or a 9.2 that happened to score higher for whatever reason?

If your purchase was solely to own the best version of the book possible, obviously that didn’t happen.

So I don’t see a winning outcome here for anyone unless you are able to return it.  If you can’t, you have a few less favorable options:

1). Sell the ‘9.8’ and kick the can down the road to the next buyer (please don’t).

2). Sell as a 9.8 that ‘presents’ like a 9.2 (honest, but not sure I’ve ever seen this).

3). Crack it and sell raw with plenty of pictures and hope to recoup your money (Caveat emptor).

4). Learn to live with it but stare at the those ticks every time you look at the book.

5). Give it to me to relieve the stress (win/win scenario).

8 minutes ago, XxSpideyxX said:

What was your primary reason for purchasing this book? 

If your intention is to sell at some point in the future, will you advertise this as a 9.8 book or a 9.2 that happened to score higher for whatever reason?

If your purchase was solely to own the best version of the book possible, obviously that didn’t happen.

So I don’t see a winning outcome here for anyone unless you are able to return it.  If you can’t, you have a few less favorable options:

1). Sell the ‘9.8’ and kick the can down the road to the next buyer (please don’t).

2). Sell as a 9.8 that ‘presents’ like a 9.2 (honest, but not sure I’ve ever seen this).

3). Crack it and sell raw with plenty of pictures and hope to recoup your money (Caveat emptor).

4). Learn to live with it but stare at the those ticks every time you look at the book.

5). Give it to me to relieve the stress (win/win scenario).

Is this meant for the Spider-Man #252 CGC 9.8 thread?

24 minutes ago, obiedagod said:

So I messaged the seller. Apparently it's a scratch, and it doesn't go through the book. He says aside from that the book is NM. Would it count against the book as a Color Breaking crease or something else?

They will downgrade that color break, scratch heavily, it's not small