• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Great Lakes Comic Convention - Feb 21-22 2020 - Warren MI - JIM STARLIN ADDED! Jim Steranko, Tom Orzechowski, Angel Medina, Tom Defalco, Darryl Banks, More!
1 1

71 posts in this topic

The dealers in the room were some of the nicest guys you will ever meet.  Lots of joking and just a fun room to hang out in.  
From a buying stand point there was a ton a nice Bronze books - tons of $5/$1 boxes with good stuff in them - decent selection of minor keys.  Definetely not a con to see Batman 1s or even most big keys like X-Men 1.  Matt has a few big books and he even has some nice Golden Age books.  I’m not sure if the craze is dying down but I didn’t see a lot of Golden Age changing hands and instead Bronze Age keys seemed to be the hot items.

Very nice Con that I’ll try to attend again next year.

7 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

The dealers in the room were some of the nicest guys you will ever meet.  Lots of joking and just a fun room to hang out in.  
From a buying stand point there was a ton a nice Bronze books - tons of $5/$1 boxes with good stuff in them - decent selection of minor keys.  Definetely not a con to see Batman 1s or even most big keys like X-Men 1.  Matt has a few big books and he even has some nice Golden Age books.  I’m not sure if the craze is dying down but I didn’t see a lot of Golden Age changing hands and instead Bronze Age keys seemed to be the hot items.

thanks for the report and the pictures (thumbsu

13 hours ago, 1Cool said:

Awesome report and great seeing you!  The GA buying crowd definitely showed up on Saturday after you left. I know one dealer sold a Canteen Kate 1 and Diary of Horror so PCH and Matt Baker still have buyers out there!  People were buying a lot of GGA, PCH, and LB Cole covers from my perspective. 

Some years there are a small contingent of a War and a Westerns crowd that shows up buying but not this year. 

10 hours ago, SkOw said:

Awesome report and great seeing you!  The GA buying crowd definitely showed up on Saturday after you left. I know one dealer sold a Canteen Kate 1 and Diary of Horror so PCH and Matt Baker still have buyers out there!  People were buying a lot of GGA, PCH, and LB Cole covers from my perspective. 

Some years there are a small contingent of a War and a Westerns crowd that shows up buying but not this year. 

You going to tell the masses about your Starlin signed SS page?  That was a cool story.