• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Great Lakes Comic Convention - Feb 21-22 2020 - Warren MI - JIM STARLIN ADDED! Jim Steranko, Tom Orzechowski, Angel Medina, Tom Defalco, Darryl Banks, More!
1 1

71 posts in this topic

No onsite grading.  I'm not sure if there will be a representative booth there for drop off this year or not.  I will check with the promoter (he is a good buddy of mine and a big collector too!)

4 hours ago, Iceman399 said:

hm will have to see if we can swing it. Especially with C2E2 the following week. 

Well I’ve been to both and there are wayyyy more high end books at C2E2 but much better deals at this show.  There are some high level books too. 

The guy who sells as “zillaf4” on eBay and is widely known for his tight grading will be there.  Sometimes he brings high end books, other times dollar books and cheap keys. 

Boardies @catrick339 and @nick’s comics will be there too. 

7 hours ago, SkOw said:

Well I’ve been to both and there are wayyyy more high end books at C2E2 but much better deals at this show.  There are some high level books too. 

The guy who sells as “zillaf4” on eBay and is widely known for his tight grading will be there.  Sometimes he brings high end books, other times dollar books and cheap keys. 

Boardies @catrick339 and @nick’s comics will be there too. 

Appreciate the insight. 

How is the show for slabs? (Silver-copper). We often hit up motor city and enjoy it but imagine this one is smaller

1 hour ago, Iceman399 said:

Appreciate the insight. 

How is the show for slabs? (Silver-copper). We often hit up motor city and enjoy it but imagine this one is smaller

Smaller,  but much more comic-centric.  You won't find anywhere near as many sword or cup or teeshirt   or plush booths 

On 12/29/2019 at 3:53 AM, Iceman399 said:

Appreciate the insight. 

Tons less slabs will be there compared to Motor City or C2E2.  It's a nice buying show but definitely not a big Con with a ton of big national dealers (ie Baltimore, Motor City or Heroes).

On 12/29/2019 at 3:53 AM, Iceman399 said:

Appreciate the insight. 

If that is what you are after this would be a good show for that. I mean some of the old timers price only on OSPG and don’t have GPA for something like a hot marvel key. 100 bucks for a mid grade FF52?  Stuff like that can happen.  

All the local guys from Motor City are there, but there are no Dale Roberts, Superworld, Greg, Gator etc like there are at Motor City.