• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Foil Embossed Test Cover Question - 92-93'
2 2

140 posts in this topic

I am thinking he might have had a ban or something as he sent me a nasty PM as well as @comicdonna I reported it dont need to see nasty PM when I was only trying to help the person out. 

33 minutes ago, Krismusic said:

I am thinking he might have had a ban or something as he sent me a nasty PM as well as @comicdonna I reported it dont need to see nasty PM when I was only trying to help the person out. 

You gave him some valuable information.  He replies, not helpful and sends you a nasty PM.  :facepalm:

5 hours ago, Krismusic said:

I am thinking he might have had a ban or something as he sent me a nasty PM as well as I reported it dont need to see nasty PM when I was only trying to help the person out. 

What...??

That's unpossible! Newbs are our most precious resource!!

♫♪ "I believe the newbies are our future...teach them well and let them lead the way...show them all the beauty they possess insiiiiiide...." ♪

5 hours ago, comicdonna said:
6 hours ago, Krismusic said:

You gave him some valuable information.  He replies, not helpful and sends you a nasty PM.  :facepalm:

Could that *spoon* have been Alley Bat?

1 hour ago, Jeffro. said:

I doubt it.   The last PM I got from him 7 1/2 years ago was criminal/life threatening...  I think this poster is a young teenager.  

2 hours ago, Jeffro. said:

Nah. That dude's IQ was in single digits.

This guy, while a complete tool and social reject, is probably a functioning human.

11 hours ago, Jeffro. said:

For a brief moment, echoes of how it used to be here. 

The only reason the usual crybaby (imagine Fingh's terminology here)'s haven't rushed in here to defend the poor new guy is that this isn't in CG.

2 hours ago, comicdonna said:

I doubt it.   The last PM I got from him 7 1/2 years ago was criminal/life threatening...  I think this poster is a young teenager.  

Based on his story, he's pushing 40. While he's clearly no genius, I don't think he's a total liar.

On 12/12/2019 at 3:51 PM, RockMyAmadeus said:

What...??

That's unpossible! Newbs are our most precious resource!!

♫♪ "I believe the newbies are our future...teach them well and let them lead the way...show them all the beauty they possess insiiiiiide...." ♪

Fully read that in Cartman voice :cloud9:

As a new guy, or as some of the veterans on this site (all due respect), refer to as noob, threads like this really scare me. It shows the ignorance and callousness of New posters to come on the site and think they have more knowledge about the hobby than people who have been collecting for years and years. The person who started this thread should be questioning themselves. 

Edited by BaronSamedi

2 hours ago, BaronSamedi said:

As a new guy, or as some of the veterans on this site (all due respect), refer to as noob, threads like this really scare me. It shows the ignorance and callousness of New posters to come on the site and think they have more knowledge about the hobby than people who have been collecting for years and years. The person who started this thread should be questioning themselves. 

I've been informed that being a "n00b/Newb" is a mentality.

Some people will always be n00bs. Some people were never really Newbs.

If someone thinks being called a n00b is some sort of insult... They'll always be a n00b. <<< This isn't you.

Edited by theCapraAegagrus
Typo.

Hi Crops here, long time reader, 1st time commenter.

Bringing up Dark Age of Camelot, really?  I mean could have gone back a little further and said Everquest (which is still around) or Ultima Online (which if it was in the early days of Dread Lords or knew the donkey named You story that would have been mildly impressive to a forum that is interested in MMOs).

I would lean towards that the machine that created the foil covers was $14k some years ago and it also was likely non-functional at that point.

OP, it is likely a good idea to come to a forum and ask your question and not attack those that offer their opinions in assistance.  As soon as you went on the offensive, so did those that responded. (shrug)

24 minutes ago, Crops068 said:

Hi Crops here, long time reader, 1st time commenter.

Bringing up Dark Age of Camelot, really?  I mean could have gone back a little further and said Everquest (which is still around) or Ultima Online (which if it was in the early days of Dread Lords or knew the donkey named You story that would have been mildly impressive to a forum that is interested in MMOs).

I would lean towards that the machine that created the foil covers was $14k some years ago and it also was likely non-functional at that point.

OP, it is likely a good idea to come to a forum and ask your question and not attack those that offer their opinions in assistance.  As soon as you went on the offensive, so did those that responded. (shrug)

How dare you offer good advice.

The OP will return to shame you by how many maxed-out WOW characters he has...

What mother, after winning something valued at $12-14,000, doesn't immediately hand it over to their 12 year old for safekeeping. Mine would have insisted on keeping it herself and getting a rider on the home insurance policy.

Edited by shadroch

29 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

How dare you offer good advice.

The OP will return to shame you by how many maxed-out WOW characters he has...

omg I use to play that game a lot.. it was a great game in its early days. Haven't played for many years lol 

Edited by Krismusic