• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Foil Embossed Test Cover Question - 92-93'
2 2

140 posts in this topic

50 minutes ago, shadroch said:

What mother, after winning something valued at $12-14,000, doesn't immediately hand it over to their 12 year old for safekeeping. Mine would have insisted on keeping it herself and getting a rider on the home insurance policy.

That's a perfect dad joke.

I'm such a noob. This one must not be worth anything either. Just another old comic sitting in my childhood collection. Thank you trolls. Because of you I know my true value... :D  Or shall I say, I know the lack of your knowledge.

There were a few positive posts by upstanding members here. Thank you to those for your positive leadership on this forum. 

CGC is promoting a negative digital environment that protects passive aggressive trolls resulting in new collectors being turned off or pushed away. Which at the end of the day has an effect on the business. A dollar lost is a dollar lost....

My first comic was given to me when I was hospitalized as a kid. Comics have always had an amazing place in my heart. As an adult I'm finding out that comic collectors can either be Villains, Superheroes, or Antiheroes in their own respects. 

The origin of this post was to find more details about the 10 test prints that were manufactured prior to the mass release of foil comics. It had nothing to do with the actual foil embossed comics that were distributed for sale in the 90's. 

I take pride in my moral compass.

Screen Shot 2020-02-06 at 2.25.21 PM.png

37 minutes ago, Xadus24 said:

Or shall I say, I know the lack of your knowledge.

Just curious, but have you ever even seen a mirror? hm

38 minutes ago, Xadus24 said:

I take pride in my moral compass.

Based on your posts, it seems more like you take pride in your stubbornness, your stupidity, and your ability to insult others, but...

2 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:

Just curious, but have you ever even seen a mirror? hm

Based on your posts, it seems more like you take pride in your stubbornness, your stupidity, and your ability to insult others, but...

No need to be jealous, bro.

If I may, in the immortal words of SeanFingh:

*ahem*

Go pound sand, Xadus. If people were turned off enough that a few internet trolls will ruin a business, then how has imgur... or reddit... or YT... Instagram... Twitter... FaceBook... (I could go on) - how have they survived?

Stick whatever it is you're selling where the sun don't shine, pal. Buzz off. Go play in traffic. Take a long walk off a short pier. I am being nice because CGC frowns on users telling other members to perform an impossible sex act.

:foryou:

-slym

This seems like a solid conclusion to the thread

18 hours ago, Xadus24 said:

I'm such a noob. This one must not be worth anything either. Just another old comic sitting in my childhood collection. Thank you trolls. Because of you I know my true value... :D  Or shall I say, I know the lack of your knowledge.

As an adult I'm finding out that comic collectors can either be Villains, Superheroes, or Antiheroes in their own respects

you know for someone who thinks they are a hero you have a bad attitude judging people before you even know who they are... calling me a troll when I was genuinely trying to help you with what research I did for you and you calling me a troll... more like you are the troll. This thread was dead and you come in here post a book and call us trolls again and people with lack of knowledge???

How can you look at yourself and think so high of yourself.. you are more of the Villain with no moral compass what so ever. I rarely ever get confrontational, but why re hash a old thread that died and think you are superior don't forget what you sent to me and another board member on this forum... you think any hero would do what you did and attack people the way you do without even knowing them... to bad that kid reading those awesome comics didn't learn anything of how to be a good moral, decent person... 

Good luck with your life and collecting .. maybe one day you will learn how to have manners. 

3 minutes ago, Krismusic said:

you know for someone who thinks they are a hero you have a bad attitude judging people before you even know who they are... calling me a troll when I was genuinely trying to help you with what research I did for you and you calling me a troll... more like you are the troll. This thread was dead and you come in here post a book and call us trolls again and people with lack of knowledge???

How can you look at yourself and think so high of yourself.. you are more of the Villain with no moral compass what so ever. I rarely ever get confrontational, but why re hash a old thread that died and think you are superior don't forget what you sent to me and another board member on this forum... you think any hero would do what you did and attack people the way you do without even knowing them... to bad that kid reading those awesome comics didn't learn anything of how to be a good moral, decent person... 

Good luck with your life and collecting .. maybe one day you will learn how to have manners. 

Holy :censored:. This is one of the best posts that I have ever read!

3 hours ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Also: The comic you posted a picture of is worth, like, $200.

A foil comic being graded 9.9 is literally nothing new or rare. Wait until you find out how high lenticular covers get graded... lol

I agree with you more often than not, but in the case of your first sentence, you'd have to add a 0 :baiting:

1 minute ago, Foley said:

I agree with you more often than not, but in the case of your first sentence, you'd have to add a 0 :baiting:

I was being hyperbolic. I split the difference between "market" value, and my own personal value ($0). I may have skewed it one direction more than another...