• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Hulk #1

14 posts in this topic

49 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Can you guys, please take a look at this book and give me your opinions? No hidden damage. Book and centerfold well attached to covers. No splits and off white pages. Many thanks in advance!

comhulk1a.jpg

comhulk1b.jpg

With everything attached

The criticism is the age and wear at the top and along the side and what appears to be ink across the name, looks like 3/8. The back along the bottom.

With all that being said. The book is a gem and belongs in a slab to be admired. 

I would give it a 4.5.

Awesome book

How long have you had it?

Edited by Hollywood1892

Thanks for your opinions guys!

I have had this since the mid ‘80’s. A friend of mine bought it along with about 800 other SA Marvel & DC books in a storage locker. Books ranged from 1957-1964. Had nearly every DC key from all genres and about half the Marvel keys. Most had the small grease pencil arrival date and many had a little water damage. I bought them all. A considerable amount of money at the time for me but it represents the back bone of my SA collection today. Replaced all the books my mom threw away... Sold off all the Marvel #1’s from this collection over the years for worthy causes like college for my kids and real estate purchases. But I did keep this one because it was my favorite Marvel key. Still have most all the DC keys. 

A fairly wide spread grade wise here. But in the ball park I think. I graded it 4.0 but wondered about the water stains and slightly rusty bottom staple. I think CGC hammers pretty hard for those don’t they?

I have no immediate plans to sell it. And to reply back to Hollywood, I really think I can still admire it better in a Mylar than a slab right now. Can’t read a slab...

Thanks again gang!

I have never bought a storage locker my self. Just don’t want to gamble and be stuck with a lot of junk. It would have cost me a whole lot less though. I have friends that do it though and I am their go to guy when they find collectibles because I try to be fair with them. 

Two of the best comic finds I ever got came from people like this.