• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comiclink sale
2 2

91 posts in this topic

35 minutes ago, AnkurJ said:

Any observations? This floored me and no I didn’t win lol 

E7097822-5563-4B1E-ADF1-0D00A8BF8A82.jpeg

I personally loved the page but if this was purely investment a tad risky?

I had it about $9-$10 K so definitely surprised.

1 minute ago, AnkurJ said:

Alex Ross Catwoman for $26k! Wow

Good girl original art is strong and an iconic McFarlane MJ page from The most desired copper age ASM issue. I’m surprised it didn’t break 20k actually given what some private McFarlane MJ pages have sold for. Seeing that page now- that’s definitely a page I remember seeing way back then B|

When will you ever see a very early Jack Kirby splash get passed over for a mere $39,000 dip your toe reserve?

1)When Don Heck ruins whatever Kirby had underneath 

When the “lettering” for The Mighty Thor-Lava Man resembles a third graders 1st subway car tagging “assignment.”

Missed out? Listed for sale at a cool $40,000.

C1446404-6543-452D-8AA7-FE60871BA945.thumb.jpeg.460f43f49e3a1573de2a71232c14ccb3.jpeg

Edited by grapeape

46 minutes ago, malvin said:

I thought the Quitely All Star Superman panel page finished really high.  I sold my half splash for not much more than what that panel went for, and I thought I got a good price!

Malvin

Me too. That really stood out early. I was the under bidder on the Batman page, but it went out of range.

2 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Good girl original art is strong and an iconic McFarlane MJ page from The most desired copper age ASM issue. I’m surprised it didn’t break 20k actually given what some private McFarlane MJ pages have sold for. Seeing that page now- that’s definitely a page I remember seeing way back then B|

Likewise... that one def led to the onset of puberty for me.

TMI TMI

4 hours ago, AnkurJ said:

i traded this sale cover for 3800 2 years ago...was thinking of buying it back but decided against it... instead I won 2 pieces i felt went well under value.

40 minutes ago, AnkurJ said:

These covers used to be $20k+ before two major buyers stopped.

And in a nutshell, that exemplifies the dangers in spending a lot of money on OA. Two buyers who stopped buying were able to sink the price of this.

How many really major buyers, not dealers or collector/resellers, are out there? What if more of them stopped? And, are they aging out of their buying years in any event? 

Here is a rambling And honest post written on my phone early in the morning. Speaking honestly, if I had walked away with the McFarlane and the Quitely for 15k I would have been happy. For the McFarlane I was top bidder throughout but capped out at 13k, which I already thought was expensive, but not unreasonable. 19k is crazy, but makes me happy vis-à-vis my existing page, which I had always kept as reserve your one day bend @AnkurJ to my will in a trade 😜. 19k for Peter in civvies, although you do get a ”that’s what she said” joke in blue line that’s pretty funny. It’s a good page and everyone looks great, but 19k is a bit much. There are some pages in which, possibly because of the printing, MJ looks pretty beat.

The Quitely I thought was excellent. EXCELLENT. Practically a recreation of the cover, beautiful detail throughout, lots of Superman. I can’t wait to see it in person. How often do these even come up? Even rarer than McSpidey I’d wager. Certainly not cheap, but definitely at par with a Good Mignola Jungle Adventure page. The right cover from All Star Superman (impossible to abbreviate into initials...) would be a grail for me, but I’ll definitely take this page as a hold-over. After I lost the McFarlane I upped my bid and put the phone away. 

66F7E61D-21D8-46A0-9EE6-02A791078E8E.jpeg

F00A9E92-B8D8-4BFF-B5EB-EA1B3C26EFDC.jpeg

FEEDA827-69FE-4C73-8481-9945C0248C76.jpeg

8C23513F-F366-4F32-B6B8-F71ABD6FFF0A.jpeg