• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who are some newer and/or lesser-known artists that you're into?
1 1

42 posts in this topic

This conversation started in another thread but I thought it deserved one of its own - who are some artists you're into that other people might not know about? A few I discovered recently are

-Daniel Gutowski

-Weronika Banasińska

-Anna Andruchowicz

ad5224.jpg

bLucky-7-MDS00937.jpg

cee2643.jpg

I am a huge fan of Paul Pelletier's work and pick up a lot of his artwork. (hint in case you have any of his Hulk related artwork you'd like to sell). He's not a newer artist and has been around a long time. I wouldn't call him lesser-known but, in my eyes, his work is under-appreciated by many. I discovered Alex Reigel this year and love his work. 

3 hours ago, AnkurJ said:

Chrissie Zullo

Peach Momoko

Chris Wildgoose

Dan Mora

Jim Towe

I will add my vote for Peach Momoko and Chrissie Zuko; not to disrespect the others, just not too familiar with them.

While they may not qualify as new or lesser known, let me also add Dan Quintana and Jason Shawn Alexander to that list. 

Also, Ashley Witter has excellent skills (but don't care much for Squarriors).

On 12/10/2019 at 6:14 PM, NewCollector101 said:

Who are some of the other guys that you're into?

Several newer artists whose work I really enjoy include (where I have examples, click on the name)

and so many others that I've missed.

Edited by alxjhnsn

On 12/11/2019 at 2:57 PM, JadeGiant said:

I am a huge fan of Paul Pelletier's work and pick up a lot of his artwork. (hint in case you have any of his Hulk related artwork you'd like to sell). He's not a newer artist and has been around a long time. I wouldn't call him lesser-known but, in my eyes, his work is under-appreciated by many. I discovered Alex Reigel this year and love his work. 

I recently picked up an Aquaman cover of his (my first Pelletier piece).  Really presents well in person despite it being only his pencils.  This penciled cover was also published as a variant, which I think speaks well to his ability with graphite.  Good stuff and quite affordable.  He's now on my radar.

7 hours ago, Andahaion said:

I recently picked up an Aquaman cover of his (my first Pelletier piece).  Really presents well in person despite it being only his pencils.  This penciled cover was also published as a variant, which I think speaks well to his ability with graphite.  Good stuff and quite affordable.  He's now on my radar.

Absolutely. Paul's pages are rendered very strongly and is very finished in pencil form. Commissions as well. Have a link to the Aquaman cover? From the TDA sale?