• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Title Splash from All Star Western #10 (1st Jonah Hex) on eBay

16 posts in this topic

44 minutes ago, PhilipB2k17 said:

Tony Dezuniga!!!!

i once owned the page where you see Jonah’s scarred face for the first time. Bought it off eBay very early 2000’s.I bought it from Tony before he passed away. I paid $1200 and actually sold it for less $900  (bad week on eBay) I remember Hari N contacted me after the sale, he wanted the page but I was bound to honor the eBay sale.

Again a great character but investment wise? This one is for a Jonah Hex fan so I’ll be interested to see what it goes for.

Edited by grapeape

4 hours ago, Shemp said:

(shrug)  The page is not new to eBay.

This page has been relisted on eBay for at least two years +. It's never going to sell at that price.

Wow I saw the image but not the $14,200 price. Even the most loyal Hex fan with the dough would have trouble pulling the trigger I would think.

1 hour ago, grapeape said:

Maybe he meant $1420 and accidentally added a few zeros? 

Nope. It's been listed at that price for the better part of the year. Up from the 10k it was originally listed at.

At $1420 I'd buy it!

Edited by Shemp

6 minutes ago, Shemp said:

Nope. It's been listed at that price for the better part of the year. Up from the 10k it was originally listed at.

At $1420 I'd buy it!

Yeah I would too. I guess raising the price the longer it sits is a Punishment Tax also known as the Donnely’s Tax.

6 minutes ago, First Upgrade said:

My Comic Shop has had this piece on consignment for at least 2 years & when is was "first" listed [IIRC] the asking price was $30k, or slightly higher...

...True Story.

Good grief!!!!

8 minutes ago, PhilipB2k17 said:

So...just wait a couple more years and it will be reduced to the correct price range.

Or Not...I still hear 'Old School' comic shop owners (& their employees) proudly declare that they do not want to discount or negotiate the price of a piece of original comic book art because, "I like looking at it" & "we'll just keep it in the back". An all-time classic yarn which is often thrown out is, "We can't. It's on CONSIGNMENT."

To be clear, I understand & agree with not 'having to' or 'wanting to' sell anything for less than the price you set. Regardless of when you first set that price. It's your store/inventory & by all means, please conduct business as you please.

In the case of My Comic Shop, several years ago, they added a disclaimer to their consignments cross-listed on eBay. It stated something to the effect of, 'this is a consignment item & we did not set the asking price'.

Apparently, the company was being blamed for setting 'disagreeable' [unreasonably high] asking prices. There was a thread about it somewhere...

On 12/11/2019 at 7:44 PM, grapeape said:

Wow I saw the image but not the $14,200 price. Even the most loyal Hex fan with the dough would have trouble pulling the trigger I would think.

A good candidate for the thread on Optimistic Pricing.