• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GA AUCTIONS: RANGERS #35 "Tijuana Bible Variant" GGA, FANTASTIC #8 Skeleton/GGA cover CFO -- Sold!

18 posts in this topic

Hi folks, more GA auctions coming up! :banana: Real fun books that may go cheap.

Starting bids $1 per lot. Auctions end tonight at 11 pm EST, but with extended bidding if bids are still coming in past that time (see rules in next post).

If you haven’t participated in a Point Five forum auction before, you’re in for a treat. Just listen to these raves from last week’s winners...

“take”—takebot
“take”—takebot
“take”—takebot
“take”—takebot
“FU”—greggy

Edited by Point Five

The rules (PLEASE READ 'EM!) 

-- EXTENDED BIDDING RULE. Auctions end tonight at 11 PM EST. From there, I'll post a 3-minute warning for each lot. If a new bid comes in during those 3 minutes, the clock restarts for that lot and I will post a new 3-minute warning. If no bids come in, I will post that that auction is closed. I will time the extended bidding, and the timing is at my discretion (so I wouldn't wait until the literal last second to bid as it may be too late for me to count).

-- A BIN price is posted for the book. If a bid goes higher than the BIN price, the auction ends and the bidder has won it at the BIN price. (Hey, it's happened before!)

-- Please bid in $1 increments only; any cents bids placed will be rounded down to the nearest dollar.

-- Bids via PM are fine; from now up until the final ten minutes of the auction, I will accept bids via PM and will provide updates in the thread, omitting the bidder's name. (No HOSers, probies, etc.)

-- Shipping: will be added at cost.

Thanks for playing. Good luck!

RANGERS #35 in 6.0 (q). By a country mile, one of the more unique GA books I've ever owned. SHARP midgrade book... tight, flat, glossy & bright, slight miscut/misfold resulting in the pages fanning out a bit, all well-attached at the single staple, white pages. However, someone carefully erased the clothing of some of the women and redrew each of them as nudes, kind of making the book into their own personal Tijuana bible. lol There are something like 16-17 panels scattered around the book where this was done.

Some interior pics in spoilers (NSFW!) after the front cover scan...

BIN $175

rangers35.jpg

Back:

Spoiler

rangers35back.jpg

Some interior pics:

Spoiler

rangers35_1.JPG

rangers35_2.JPG

rangers35_3.JPG

rangers35_4.JPG

FANTASTIC #8 (Youthful). Wild winged skeleton/GGA cover. The centerfold is missing and the book is heavily worn, but the cover colors are vibrant in hand. Such a cool cover!

BIN $70

fantastic8.jpg

Edited by Point Five