• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Todd McFarlane Signing

21 posts in this topic

I sent something in to be signed/graded for the Todd McFarlane special, but haven’t received any confirmation. The reception date was Monday, so I thought I might hear something then. Does anyone know how long the turnaround time is from when it’s received to when it’s in the system? Thanks!

34 minutes ago, Patrick Jones said:

I sent something in to be signed/graded for the Todd McFarlane special, but haven’t received any confirmation. The reception date was Monday, so I thought I might hear something then. Does anyone know how long the turnaround time is from when it’s received to when it’s in the system? Thanks!

I already received confirmation and was billed for my three books. Also, when you check the main page under you account and status you should see that they received your books there. 

26 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I already received confirmation and was billed for my three books. Also, when you check the main page under you account and status you should see that they received your books there. 

Thanks for the reply. I have a free account, and listed all of the correct info/email on my applications, but don’t see anything listed on there. And the tracking shows my package was delivered on the 6th, in enough time before the deadline on the 9th. Maybe mine’s just taking time, then. 

1 hour ago, ThothAmon said:

Shouldn’t take more than a few parsecs. 

if its less than 12 parsecs it faster than the millennium falcon

I have the same issue with my submission. Sent in 2 books and my order was delivered to the po box on Dec. 6 at 11:59 am. I have a free account as well but I haven't been charged for anything or sent an email with confirmation.

38 minutes ago, BigBen70 said:

I have the same issue with my submission. Sent in 2 books and my order was delivered to the po box on Dec. 6 at 11:59 am. I have a free account as well but I haven't been charged for anything or sent an email with confirmation.

14 hours ago, Patrick Jones said:

Did you guys write "TM" on all sides of the package? That might matter, because they asked those for the signing to do that, in order to for them to be opened quickly..... :eek: EEK!

3 hours ago, ThothAmon said:

Shouldn’t take more than a few parsecs. 

2 hours ago, Krismusic said:

I never understood this as a parsec is a unit of length and not a measurement of time over a distance.  

2 hours ago, cbalroman said:
5 hours ago, Krismusic said:

I never understood this as a parsec is a unit of length and not a measurement of time over a distance.  

From Wikipedia:

"In the initial film, Solo brags that the Falcon made the Kessel Run in "less than twelve parsecs".[a] As the parsec is a unit of distance, not time, different explanations have been provided. In the fourth draft of the -script, Kenobi "reacts to Solo's stupid attempt to impress them with obvious misinformation."[20] Lucas acknowledged the misnomer in 1977, saying that Han modified "the navigational system to get through hyperspace in the shortest possible distance".[21] On the film's DVD audio commentary, Lucas further explained that in the Star Wars universe, traveling through hyperspace requires careful navigation to avoid stars, planets, asteroids, and other obstacles,[22] and that because no long-distance journey can be made in a straight line, the "fastest" ship is the one that can plot the "most direct course", thereby traveling the least distance.[22]

In The Force Awakens, Rey references the Kessel Run but describes it as being completed in fourteen parsecs, after which Solo corrects her.

In Solo: A Star Wars Story, Solo's Kessel Run is depicted in detail, providing an explanation for the "twelve parsec" boast. Solo has to make many calculated jumps to avoid killing the crew. After integrating the memory module of Lando's damaged L3 droid into the ship's navigation, Solo is able to take a "shortcut"[21] (which is dangerously close to a black hole). Chewbacca indicates the real distance was closer to 13 parsecs, but Solo insists, "Not if you round down," implying that the claim of "less than twelve parsecs" is slightly exaggerated."

3 hours ago, cbalroman said:

6 minutes ago, Domo Arigato said:

From Wikipedia:

"In the initial film, Solo brags that the Falcon made the Kessel Run in "less than twelve parsecs".[a] As the parsec is a unit of distance, not time, different explanations have been provided. In the fourth draft of the --script, Kenobi "reacts to Solo's stupid attempt to impress them with obvious misinformation."[20] Lucas acknowledged the misnomer in 1977, saying that Han modified "the navigational system to get through hyperspace in the shortest possible distance".[21] On the film's DVD audio commentary, Lucas further explained that in the Star Wars universe, traveling through hyperspace requires careful navigation to avoid stars, planets, asteroids, and other obstacles,[22] and that because no long-distance journey can be made in a straight line, the "fastest" ship is the one that can plot the "most direct course", thereby traveling the least distance.[22]

In The Force Awakens, Rey references the Kessel Run but describes it as being completed in fourteen parsecs, after which Solo corrects her.

In Solo: A Star Wars Story, Solo's Kessel Run is depicted in detail, providing an explanation for the "twelve parsec" boast. Solo has to make many calculated jumps to avoid killing the crew. After integrating the memory module of Lando's damaged L3 droid into the ship's navigation, Solo is able to take a "shortcut"[21] (which is dangerously close to a black hole). Chewbacca indicates the real distance was closer to 13 parsecs, but Solo insists, "Not if you round down," implying that the claim of "less than twelve parsecs" is slightly exaggerated."

yeah after cbalroman mentioned this I looked it up and was sad that it wasn't a unit of speed, but a measure of distance and then read about how they tried to justify the "potential" error on George's part about parsecs in Solo by saying he plotted the shortest course of distance to complete the Kessel run.. sorry I used it in the wrong context... :sorry: