• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which Characters Would be More Successful if Owned by Another Company?

11 posts in this topic

I was reading the underrated / overrated thread when all of a sudden I thought about underutilized.  

Which characters would have benefitted from being owned by another company? 

For me? 

Turok.  Had the Gold Key characters of Dr Solar, Magnus Robot Fighter, and / or Turok gone to DC or Marvel would they be in a better place now than sitting in an IP library? 

Have fun with this. 

Aside from the golden age era of black terror, daredevil, dollman etc. I think that gold key bunch had the best potential, except maybe Dr. solar, he overlaps a few of the 2 bigs characters. magnus and turok could fit in though and be in a better place.

1 hour ago, Conacon said:

I would think Bendis and Oeming's Powers title would be fun in Marvel. A cop drama with Marvel's character in the background? They'd have to PG it a little (or a lot), but the stories could still be compelling. Former-hero-turned-cop battling street level super crimes. 

It was published by Marvel for a while.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 12/11/2019 at 10:43 PM, Hollywood1892 said:

Zak Overkill from incognito storyline. Black Death is side character.

I'd say Pearl too, but she is from DC

Incognito is one I'd REALLY like to see more of. I tried to find out if Brubaker and Phillips would ever continue the story but could find nothing. It's a shame. Hopefully they pick it up at some point.