• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comics for Christmas!

9 posts in this topic

:hi:

When I was a kid (or should I say much, much younger because my wife says I'm still a kid), one of the gifts I received from my parents that I remember most was a box of random comics.  To this day I still remember opening the box and the ensuing joy of spending the day reading comic books.

The company I work for does a ton of charity work and giving Christmas gifts to children of families in need is one of them.  Each child has a list of what they like and I picked Martin because he listed comic books.  He's nine and I have no way of knowing how into comics he really is which brings me to my question...

Should I get him some TPBs or go all out and give him some comics, bags and boards, and a shortbox with a graphic design on it?  Or something else?

Edited by HighRadArt

40 minutes ago, HighRadArt said:

...Should I get him some TPBs or go all out and give him some comics, bags and boards, and a shortbox with a graphic design on it?  Or something else?

I think that it's easier to get kids into single issues. Books (HCs/TPBs) can seem overwhelming. They may not know when to stop.

Now, if you knew him and that he couldn't stop, then those books would be a great idea!

Not sure if a 9-year old will have any knowledge of bags and boards? I certainly didn't.

1 hour ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

I think that it's easier to get kids into single issues. Books (HCs/TPBs) can seem overwhelming. They may not know when to stop.

Now, if you knew him and that he couldn't stop, then those books would be a great idea!

Not sure if a 9-year old will have any knowledge of bags and boards? I certainly didn't.

Good points and thanks.

2 minutes ago, HighRadArt said:
1 hour ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Good points and thanks.

Could do a mixture, just as long as, the story's are "complete" and not "to be continued"...... so that he won't be left wondering what happened :shy: :foryou: 

I have a couple young cousins who are really into spider-man so I'll be filling a shortbox for them with all spidey comics. Should go over quite well. It allows me to give comics I no longer want to children who will treasure them
No bags or boards though. These will be for reading not for stuffing in a box in a dark closet