• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Junque / Carp Sale / Giveaway +++ Copper War Satellite Thread

22 posts in this topic

Shipping: I try to get you postage as reasonable as possible while protecting the merchandise. 

Payment: Checks & M.O.s are accepted.  Paypal begrudgingly accepted. 

Agreements:   (tsk)  No H.O.S. members, card-carrying P.O.S., H.O.C. occupants, puppy-kickers, butt-lickers, etc.  Secret hand-shakers OK on a case-by-case basis. 

Return Policy: Not on this carp.

:takeit:You can do it in the thread, you can do it via PM, you can do it in the road.  In the case of ties, it goes to the PM.  GET SOME!!!!  :headbang:

Edited by lizards2

First up - mylar snugs.  These are used ones that sellers here have shipped books to me in.  I hate these things, but some apparently love them. 

Some are used, used.  Some are barely used.  Some have stickers, and all the other stuff you sellers smear on your bags. 

These are a variety of sizes, but are mostly Silver to Super Gold in size.

I really don't want to sort these things.

I used to sell these to Tracy Heft for 10 cents each, shipped in a medium flat rate box, which he paid for.  That's what I'm asking - 10 cents each,  you pay shipping.

I have about enough to fill about two medium flat rate boxes.  It's possible that using a Regional Rate box, that I could ship cheaper, particularly if you are closer to Oregon.

snugs3.jpg

Snugs2.jpg

Snugs1.jpg

Edited by lizards2

Second up -

Inner wells.  Generally, they have been cut on the top side and down the right side, to remove the books contained within.

I have no idea what you could use these for.  My wife uses some for elementary school crafts.  I have no local recycling options for these.

You pay postage, and I will ship them to you free.  How many do you want?  I have hundreds.

I also travel around Oregon, including Redmond/Bend, Klamath Falls, Seaside, Florence, Waldport, Newport, Portland, Eugene, Burns, John Day, Ontario and elsewhere, if you want me to schedule a dump to your possession in one of these places, let me know.

Empty inner.jpg

Edited by lizards2

Third movement of the day -

Outer wells.  Mostly regular silver size.  Some of the thick giant size.  A few magazine size.

They are typically broken at the lower posts, and I slip the inner well out the bottom.  I only keep the ones that have broken fairly clean.

I delivered about a 100 of these to Royce in Eugene several years ago.  They are heavy and not worth shipping...., unless you really want to pay for postage.

However, they are useful - for example, you could put your more expensive raw books in them when you sell at conventions, to eliminate handling damage.  You can use them at home for your raw books too, again to eliminate handling damage.  I used them when I delivered a speech on comics to the local Lions club, to protect my raw books from handling damage.

I have at least a hundred of these..., or maybe 200 stashed in the garage.

I also travel around Oregon, including Redmond/Bend, Klamath Falls, Seaside, Florence, Waldport, Newport, Portland, Eugene, Burns, John Day, Ontario and elsewhere, if you want me to schedule a dump to your possession in one of these places, let me know.

EDIT -  I had somebody ask about shipping these to Colorado:

I can actually get 8 normal size outer wells into a medium flat-rate box - weight is about 6 pounds.  This would be without bubblewrap on the inside flats, but I would bubble wrap the ends and sides.  I guess one might get damaged from a blow to the side.  I think the last time I did a box like that through paypal shipping it was something like $13. I could also just do 7 of the wells and get some bubble wrap on the flat sides.

Or, I could get 6 normal size outer wells in a regional rate b box for $10.65.

Empty Outer.jpg

Edited by lizards2

2 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:
1 hour ago, lizards2 said:

PM if questions.  I'm lonely.

DId you take these photos in High Heels?

:whistle:

1 hour ago, Ryan. said:
5 hours ago, lizards2 said:

Third movement of the day 

Congrats on being regular. 

Someone got it.

OK - I did send seven empty slabs / outer wells out in a medium flat-rate box yesterday - we'll see how they weather the package smashers.  I will report on that later.

These are the terms of service for the Copper Age war books I'm about to post - you may find their GA/SA/BA brethren here...., awww....., Jiggy!   He'll rip your stuffing out!!!  :

Keystone Products Jingle Bells Shotgun Shells Christmas Lights

Image result for jingle bells shotgun shells jpgImage result for jingle bells shotgun shells jpg

WALL OF TEXT

Details: Welcome to my umpteenth annual Christmas War Thread.  I can't think of a better topic for Christmas than WAR!!!!  I'm going to do the Misc. titles/publishers, then the Marvels, and finish with the DCs (because I supposedly have a bunch of G.I. Combat upgrades coming in the mail today or tomorrow).  The DCs will be by far the most plentiful.  And yes I know, some of those Misc. titles aren't exactly war books, but they are here by virtue of their parachute covers. Because I collect those as a theme cover collection.  And, it's my thread. :cool:

Shipping: I try to get you postage as reasonable as possible while protecting the merchandise.  But, you still need to pay for it.  :rulez:  Postage is what it is, and it ain’t cheap.  I am totally up for whatever makes it cheap – first class boxed on one to two books, removing backboards, outer wells and inner wells.  I just can’t ship media mail.  My zip is 97630, so if you’re in the West Coast postal zone, stuff ships cheaper.   I also ship to frostbacks, ‘roids, jimmers ( :whatthe: ) and elsewhere in the world. 

Payment: Checks & M.O.s are accepted.  Paypal begrudgingly accepted.  2c

Minimum Merchandise Order:  $20 - More than kind of arrogant. :ohnoez:

Agreements: Time payments are usually fine.  No H.O.S., P.O.S. or H.O.C. members, nor any puppy-kickers, boot-lickers, butt-lickers, poopy-pants, etc.  Secret hand-shakers OK on a case-by-case basis. :sumo: 

Grading: I have been in the hobby over 45 years.  :preach: If you see any glaring grading errors, please inform me via PM.  I try to be conservative, and have cracked about 400++ slabs.  However, I am not perfect..., in fact, my custom title explains it mostly. 

Return Policy: yep!  However, please don't try to return something because you failed to read the detailed description.

Caveats: I can’t seem to run a large thread like this without including a book I either previously sold or can no longer find – I apologize in advance for my lack thoroughness in this respect. However, since some wanker made a big stink about a situation like this with another seller in the probation thread, I feel I have to include this caveat.  Additionally, for some reason, my scanner seems to “add dirt” or “add foxing” to some of the back cover images – you can always ask what’s real and what’s scanner effect.  If a book has foxing, I usually, almost always point that fact out.

Doing it:  You can do it in the thread, you can do it via PM, you can do it in the road.  In the case of ties, it goes to the PM.  :takeit: 

G.I. Combat 271 8.5 white pages, $10.  Most wear to BC.  Canadian price variant!  Whoop! Whoop!  One of you Frostbacks should repatriate it!
GIC271.jpg

GIC271bc.jpg

G.I. Combat 273 copy b 8.0 white pages, $2.  Printer’s creases FC/BC, crease ULBC.  :news:  SOLD!!!  :news: 

th_GIC273b.jpg th_GIC273bbc.jpg

Edited by lizards2

G.I. Combat 274 7.0 W $1.  Bends at spine.  :news:sold!!!  :news: 

th_GIC274.jpg th_GIC274bc.jpg

Edited by lizards2

G.I. Combat 275 8.5 slightly off-white pages $5.  Spine stress and light indent URFC/ULBC, stress @ DC logo. 
gic275.jpg
gic275bc.jpg

G.I. Combat 281 7.0 white pages $1.  ½” creases @ URFC/LRFC, rumpling at Joe Kubert signature @ spine.

GIC281.jpg

GIC281bc.jpg