• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase 22

8 posts in this topic

So this is a book that some poser put on on comicconnect as a 2.0.   Obviously it is no better than 1.0 at best, right?   Additionally, the bottom edge has a lot of page showing, so it could be trimmed, but the top has a bit of an overhang, so perhaps quality control was not the greatest back in the day and they did not hang the cover evenly, or the cover was loose and taped in place with extra staples and they did not center it very well.  I am not the greatest expert at catching trimming unless it is obvious and this one is low grade and or was once loose, so it has a couple other possible explanations as stated above, so what are your thoughts?  P.S. even the right edge looks a tad sharp in places for an otherwise 1.0?

This is a link to get a larger picture..... https://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=803875

showcase22.jpg

Edited by TC33

Well I won it at just $877, which according to GPA is several hundred below the 1.0 prices of the past 90 days.  It seems like a good deal, but you never know until you get it back with a blue label vs. a PLOD.  :wishluck:

22 hours ago, Deadpoolica said:

Doesn't look trimmed to me...I'd say 1.0 too

+1 Not trimmed. The fragile and seemingly semi-brittle nature of the paper at the edges probably couldn't survive even a laser trim without disintegrating into pieces, going by the image. But aside from the technicalities of subjecting this to trim, there doesn't appear to be any tells of it.