• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

McFarlane missed op

8 posts in this topic

Nothing but regret... That I missed the signature of the ICON (modern era) and grading. SMH....  I really hope you guys do it again, and you should do this exclusive with more (god forbid) variant artist.  Setup exclusive grading and signing. You guys have really out done yourselves here cornering he market.  Which as an avid and FANBOY collector, one can appreciate.  Please email me and notify me for any up coming exclusive comic signings in the past.  Once again I missed out on the opportunity of a life time. Todd is my favorite artist hands down.  Todd and his printing company changed the game for all comic books for the better. Thank you CGC for doing this, and I hope you do it again... Shout out Comic Tom 101, and Buller!!!!

I'm pretty sure this wasn't a once in a lifetime opportunity. McFarlane did CGC signings twice a year before and now that he is done with his movie I'm sure there will be more signing events. I have also seen that he has attended a few conventions this year, so you can get his signature there if you aren't needing CGC SS.

Unless you know something about Todd’s health we don’t, I suspect they’ll be many more chances in the future. And nothing but props to  CGC, but not sure what they “cornered.” Many comic stores set up private signings nowadays where you can mail in books to get them signed & sent to CGC for grading. Then there are a people, agents I guess, who offer their services getting your books signed at cons you can’t attend & submitted for CGC. So I wouldn’t feel too bad.

12 hours ago, Biggsexxy said:

Please email me and notify me for any up coming exclusive comic signings in the past.  Once again I missed out on the opportunity of a life time. Todd is my favorite artist hands down.  Todd and his printing company changed the game for all comic books for the better.

If you are in the Pacific Northwest, Todd McFarlane will be signing at Fan expo Vancouver mid-Feb, 2020. Traditionally, there seem to be 3 to 4 hr line ups but he does not charge for the first few signatures. fyi, McFarlane drew Detective Comics, Incredible Hulk and ASM #300 while living in the suburbs of Vancouver, BC, Canada.

1 hour ago, aardvark88 said:

If you are in the Pacific Northwest, Todd McFarlane will be signing at Fan expo Vancouver mid-Feb, 2020. Traditionally, there seem to be 3 to 4 hr line ups but he does not charge for the first few signatures. fyi, McFarlane drew Detective Comics, Incredible Hulk and ASM #300 while living in the suburbs of Vancouver, BC, Canada.

Having your books graded is a huge difference with him doing a signing at a convention and doing a signing private cgc signing..

On 12/13/2019 at 10:53 AM, aardvark88 said:

Fun fact...

Detective Comics #578 is the first book McFarlane ever inked over his own pencils, and it's the first time the "McFarlane style" was really apparent. Every page is classic, gorgeous McFarlane in his prime.

1916119-1987detectivecomics578a.jpg

IMG_6642.jpeg&f=1&nofb=1

Unfortunately, no one was reading Detective at the time, and the world would have to wait 5 more months to see his next fully rendered book (Hulk #340.)

PS. The CGC label notes are incorrect. Alcala did not ink this issue. He did ink issues #576 and #577.

s-l1600.jpg