• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Your best comic book upgrades!
1 1

71 posts in this topic

29 minutes ago, Deadpoolica said:

Guess I'm one of the few that never upgrades...I'm generally happy with the one I buy

giphy.gif

No shame in that :)

I've only upgraded beaters lol

I'm left with a lot of 7.0's to 8.5's that I think lol I think I'm satisfied with.

my iron fist is a cream page 5.0, it looks out of place!

1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

No shame in that :)

I've only upgraded beaters lol

I'm left with a lot of 7.0's to 8.5's that I think lol I think I'm satisfied with.

my iron fist is a cream page 5.0, it looks out of place!

Yeah I've only "upgraded" maybe 2 really old beat up ASMs with graded copies. I do try and jump at the chance to replace an existing copy with a same grade I think has better eye appeal. That requires some luck though if you need to sell your present copy before buying the other. Assuming you find the "better" copy at a rational price to begin with.

I don't know whether that's considered upgrading? 

20 minutes ago, MGsimba77 said:

Yeah I've only "upgraded" maybe 2 really old beat up ASMs with graded copies. I do try and jump at the chance to replace an existing copy with a same grade I think has better eye appeal. That requires some luck though if you need to sell your present copy before buying the other. Assuming you find the "better" copy at a rational price to begin with.

I don't know whether that's considered upgrading? 

It does count, upgrading is a personalized choice, but all together worth it sometimes! :headbang:

1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

It does count, upgrading is a personalized choice, but all together worth it sometimes! :headbang:

Sorry I completely forgot about these two. There's two others but I deleted the images. I guess my memory took a vacation :S

No story there just found higher grades 

IMG_20180917_141109.jpg.89504e1b6d48b2f0a98396570c9a4cb6.jpg

20191216_222010.jpg

IMG_20171230_175212.jpg.28a656855440e9af4d97eb6e5a7a29c9.jpg

20190621_210730.jpg

Edited by MGsimba77

On 12/15/2019 at 3:14 PM, 1950's war comics said:

i'm usually fine with any purchase i make to fill a slot ,  so no need to upgrade, sometimes i have a low grade hole filler and i think i should upgrade it .. but after awhile i get over it ....

+1

I'll only ever rarely consider upgrading coverless books, but then I get lazy, and don't feel like spending money on the same book. I will often times buy duplicates, but they are usually lower grade copies of the book I already own.

Quantity over Quality's my collecting philosophy. lol 

I don't really try to upgrade, but I will upgrade if an amazing deal came by with the intention of selling my original... but I never get around to selling my original so usually I end up with doubles.:facepalm:lol