• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trifecta
4 4

263 posts in this topic

would love to upgrade that #1, but it comes up very infrequently.  was underbidder on jon's book, and now wish i'd chased a bit longer.  one plus is tho' i'd like the grade higher, it is very, very red, where the book is seen as orange more often than not.

Edited by Straw-Man

2 hours ago, MrBedrock said:

mystic1.jpg

mystic2.jpg

mystic3.jpg

As always Ritchie, you’re killing me. VERY early in my collecting quest, I found a solid copy of #1. I foolishly, traded it away for something I don’t remember. (Probably ECs). I have regretted it ever since. Isn’t there a cool story behind that copy? 

4 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

I started working at Camelot in 1978 for work trade... $4 an hour ... sorting comics. I was fourteen when I started. It took me about six months of weekends, holidays, and the summer to pay the Mystic 1 off. It may not be the best comic I have ever had but it is definitely the comic that is dearest to me. I have had now over forty years!

I love reading stuff like this :cloud9:

29 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

I started working at Camelot in 1978 for work trade... $4 an hour ... sorting comics. I was fourteen when I started. It took me about six months of weekends, holidays, and the summer to pay the Mystic 1 off. It may not be the best comic I have ever had but it is definitely the comic that is dearest to me. I have had it now over forty years!

See!  Who said indentured servitude doesn't work?!

2 hours ago, MrBedrock said:

I started working at Camelot in 1978 for work trade... $4 an hour ... sorting comics. I was fourteen when I started. It took me about six months of weekends, holidays, and the summer to pay the Mystic 1 off. It may not be the best comic I have ever had but it is definitely the comic that is dearest to me. I have had it now over forty years!

Thanks. That takes the kind of dedication most kids just don’t have anymore. Although sorting comics in those days at Camelot hardly seems like work. Love that cover. The man hole thing and especially the guy with the hook...

I did the same thing as a kid and worked my butt off all summer for a More Fun 52. Sadly, I sold it along with a bunch more GA first issues to buy my first house. A worthy thing, but I still miss that More Fun...