• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need help identifying coverless GA books
2 2

7 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Chili Bowl said:

If you put the story titles into www.comics.org you will find out the issue numbers (thumbsu

Very cool,thanks. I was able to find the numbers of the other issues because the stories had titles. I found that I had USA Comics#2 and 3 and Young Allies #3 with a cool centerfold. Hopefully o can find these last 2

1 hour ago, Chili Bowl said:

Oh, sorry, I thought those old comics had more than one story per issue. (Maybe that's a clue?) If there are any standout characters or villains I'd search by their name, or maybe Will Eisner only drew a couple of issues, or only drew under that name for a short time? Any ads have clues to the year of publication?

They actuallly have a few different stories, but I don't see story titles in these 2. The others had story titles, which is how I was able to find #s.

5 hours ago, Chili Bowl said:

Oh, sorry, I thought those old comics had more than one story per issue. (Maybe that's a clue?) If there are any standout characters or villains I'd search by their name, or maybe Will Eisner only drew a couple of issues, or only drew under that name for a short time? Any ads have clues to the year of publication?

From what I saw, Will Eisner was the artist (Maxwell) at the beginning of series, but wrote through quite a number of the books.

When a story doesn’t have a title, Comics.org often files them under the first few words of text appearing in the first word box/balloon

Search for “Streaking thru the heavens” for example

Edited by Heronext